Early 20 somethings that have been overweight their entire lives?

Options
I'm finally starting to have the body that I want after 20 years of being overweight.
I need to finally be okay with who I am but realize that I deserve to be healthy and happy!
I'm so sick of struggling and finally realized I'm the only one holding myself back from living the life I want!

Add me for mutual support, any messages are welcome!

Height: 5'5"
Highest Weight: 210
Current Weight: 162.5
Goal: <150 after that just focusing on strength and health!

Replies

• ammo7
    ammo7 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I can relate to the realization that you deserve to be healthy and happy. For 20 years I really did think that I was just a fat person - born that way, destined to be that way, and didn't really deserve anything better anyway. It's great to realize that it's just up to us to make the changes :)
    I was in the "obese" category when I began my 20s, now I'm 24 and a healthy weight and have maintained it for a few years. I've got new goals to work towards now though - I know I can do better than just technically being under the "overweight" BMI category.

Good on you for your weight loss so far, and good luck with pursuing your happy & healthy life :)
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    im 22, i understand how you feel :) good luck!
  • mhausler93
    mhausler93 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi there. We have very similar stats. I've been overweight my entire life. I'm 5' 4" and my highest weight was 210 in my senior year of high school. Being that overweight, I had zero self esteem and that has caused my self image to be so incredibly skewed for many years. When I started college, I dropped 60 pounds. After graduation, I moved in with my now fiancé. I got lazy and took on his eating habits, didn't control my portions, etc. I've since packed on 20-25 lbs. I currently weigh 173. I want to get back down to 150, then tone up and remain healthy.

Feel free to add me ☺️
  • bookstitch
    bookstitch Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 27 and have always been larger for my frame. And I realized, I only have myself to blame and I don't want to be this size and weight. I'm not going to wake up with the body I want, I have to work for it. Which is new for me. I just started eating clean, cutting out carbs and processed foods and drinking 100ozs of water daily. And I signed up for a personal trainer. With such great support and motivation we can reach our goals!
  • suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hollaaa!

5'5(1/2!)"
    SW: 217
    CW: 189
    GW: 135

A year ago I had gotten down almost to 150... Got happy, and started relaxing. Bad eating habits (that got me so overweight to begin with) came back slowly - and then came back more quickly when I stopped BC. Finally got a grip around New Years, I've been kinda maintaining... Ready to get back down below 170 by my June birthday!
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and overweight. :neutral_face: Working hard on it tho

Height: 5'4
    SW: 220
    CW: 181
    GW: 143
  • notthesamegirl
    Options
    Definitely relate. I'm 24 and I have to lose about 60-80 pounds! Starting with 30 now! Add me! :)
  • Sara_Olson_421
    Sara_Olson_421 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sara.

I'm 21, almost 22. Was overweight my entire life... Got up to 250 my senior year of high school then dropped down to 150 by November of 2013... Wasn't so healthy with the last 30 pounds (restricting a lot), and when I tried to eat "normally", I ended up gaining about 30 pounds pretty quickly which led to me becoming bulimic to try to "make it better"... Since then I've gained another 30 pounds.

I've been in recovery for a few months now, and am trying to get myself back down to a healthy weight by learning what a healthy amount of food each day is, and exercising regularly. No restricting, binging, or purging allowed!

So, here are my stats-
    HW: 250
    LW: 150
    CW: 210
    GW: 145

I'd love some support and friends on here! I don't want any triggering behavior so anyone who is over exercising or eating less than 1400 calories a day, please don't add me! Otherwise I'd love to get to know you all and support each other!
  • pbutter07
    pbutter07 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I'm LaReesha. My highest weight was 280. Im currently at 241 and I want to get down to 170. Just taking things one day at a time with healthy eating and exercising atleast three times a week! Feel free to add me ☺
  • w0den
    w0den Posts: 84
    Options
    Meeeee! I've been overweight and obese my entire life. I've gained this weight and lost it tooo many times :( My current goal is to get below 200

Add me ladies!
  • chelseymyfit
    Options
    I'm 22, and I've been heavy on and off since middle school. I was doing really well and at a healthy weight, then I lost someone very close to me and spiralled out of control. I'm trying to clean that mess up now. Anyone can add me for support :)

LW: 160
    HW: 285
    CW: 252
    GW: 165
  • johnjohn9211
    johnjohn9211 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm John.

I'm 22 and I was obese almost my entire life. At my heaviest, I think I was around 350 pounds. I tried and failed several times to lose weight through out the years. I finally managed to stick with it last year. I started my current (and first successful) attempt last March when I was 324. Late last year I dropped out of the obese bmi range for the first time in my life and now I currently weight about 228 pounds, just 4 away from having lost 100. :) My goal is 200 pounds, then I'm going to start trying to gain some muscle. My ultimate goal is just to get in the best shape I can, just to prove to myself that I can do it after years of failing.

Everyone keeps saying how much weight I've lost, but I'm still stuck in the obese kid mentality. I guess it's just hard to escape from that thought process when you spent your entire life in it. Though I do see a difference when I look at older pictures of me.
  • Pretty_Little_Nobody
    Pretty_Little_Nobody Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I'm the same! I started at 284lbs and I don't even know how I let myself get to that. I think a lot of binging and emotional issues blinded me during university. I'm around 192lbs currently and still have a long way to go x
  • teepott99
    Options
    Hi! I am in the same boat, always have been and always will be it feels like some times! But i am moving to Miami after I graduate in May(22 years old now) and am ready to out university aside and take control.

CW:175
    GW:145
  • numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    been overweight since i was 7 years old. 5' 4", at 15 i was 192 lbs, lost ~50 lbs over a year and a half, then gained ~30 lbs back over the course of 5 years. over the last 1.5 years i've lost that and then some and i'm now at 122 lbs. but i know what it's like to grow up and only ever be overweight. i've never worn a bikini, ever.

being normal weight is still new to me. and my body, unfortunately, will always look like it carried an extra 70 lbs. stretch marks and loose, wrinkly, hanging skin everywhere. really disappointing and i'm trying not to be mad at myself for destroying my body, in my opinion.
  • afacetocallhome
    afacetocallhome Posts: 91 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    We are very similar. I'm 24, had issues with my weight for as long as I can remember but I've finally realised it doesn't have to be that way. My goal is to get to around 150lbs so I've got 70lbs to go. I'm determined!

I sent you a friend request :smile:
  • meg_balh
    meg_balh Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi! I've also been heavy my entire life. I haven't been under 215 since probably my freshman year of high school, but I'm not sure because we never had a scale. This is the first time that I have actually stuck with something and I feel wonderful about it. My life in general is starting to become what I want it to be and I think that finding a way to be healthy has helped a lot.
    Height: 5'7
    SW: 252
    CW:218
    GW: 160? (I just want to be healthy and strong... and less than 200 lbs! haha)

• burnettk12
    burnettk12 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm so happy to have found women my own age who have the same problem I do! I've been heavy since I was about 8, because once I learned to read I quit playing outside. My family didn't promote healthy eating either, so it was really easy to eat french fries and doughnuts and not worry about my weight. I've lost and gained weight back a couple times, but now I'm at my heaviest ever and I'm determined to lose it and keep it off! I'm 24, with a current weight of 270 and a goal weight of 150(ish). I've never been a healthy weight for my height and body type so after the first hundred we'll see what feels right!

Add me! I'd love some motivation and support!
  • retropactum
    retropactum Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello everyone! I can relate so much. Love (er... hate?) seeing people my age with similar struggles.

Height: 5' 6"
    HW: 265 lbs
    CW: 240 lb
    GW: 170 lbs (although, I'd be happy just to be under 200 lbs again)

My story is on my profile. Feel free to add for support. :)
  • baileyh_
    baileyh_ Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    -raises hand-

Yup. That would be me! Been a chubby kid and then a fat teenager for a long as I can remember. But I started using Beachbody programs in 2011 and I've lost 30 pounds since then. Would've been more had I been better with my nutrition, but it is what it is.

I'm starting a Facebook challenge group on April 6th using those programs. If anyone needs some extra accountability, motivation and support and is looking for an awesome workout program, let me know! :)