MapMyRun syncing workouts twice with MyFitnessPal

Options
I have MapMyRun synced with MyFitnessPal and after each workout that I record in MapMyRun when it syncs up with MyFitnessPal, it syncs up twice - but differently. It shows up once as (ex) "Walking, 3.5 mph, brisk pace - 14 min" and again as "Walking, 3.0 mph, mod. pace, walking dog - 15 min".

I don't understand why it shows up differently and with different times.

Anyone know who to fix this? It gets kind of annoying having to delete one of the entries out.

Replies

• tonileee
    Options
    I have the same issue, and have yet to find a fix.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I have not had any issues. Did you edit your workout on mapmyrun?
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I haven't had that problem.

The problem I have is that it adds a dog. I now have this imaginary dog with me when I exercise, I should really name it. I'm not sure what kind of dog it is...maybe it's a German shepherd? Maybe the dog like "The Shaggy DA", but smaller? I kind of like little dogs, but mi not sure I could make one go for a 3 mile walk or run.

I'll have to pick out an imaginary collar and leash.
  • biggil91
    Options
    I have the same issue. I've noticed that MapMyRun posts the same workout twice in my activity stream and this is why MyFitnessPal gets the same workout twice. I am hoping there is a way to fix this
  • alexlr84
    Options
    I believe this issue has to do with the fact that you've connected MapMyRun to Apple's Health app. If you disconnect it from the Health app you should stop seeing the duplications. On your iPhone go into Settings>Health>MayMyRun and in the "Allow to write data" section un-toggle all those options. You should stop seeing the duplicate entries.
  • nettyballs
    nettyballs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    alexlr84 wrote: »
    I believe this issue has to do with the fact that you've connected MapMyRun to Apple's Health app. If you disconnect it from the Health app you should stop seeing the duplications. On your iPhone go into Settings>Health>MayMyRun and in the "Allow to write data" section un-toggle all those options. You should stop seeing the duplicate entries.

This worked a treat. As soon as I disconnected health app it stopped syncing twice. Thanks heaps!