help

Options
hello im a mom of five and don't really know what type of excersies to do that isn't to time consuming and stressful can anyone give me some pointers plz

Replies

• stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? Are you wanting to be able to work out at home?
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Hiking with the entire family...you'll combine family time, snack time, exercise all into one. It's very time efficient.
  • jaydensmomma10
    Options
    im a stay at home mom so yes I would like to be able to work at home hiking is a great idea when it warms up here but until then I am lost on exercises to do at home that are not so long and a way to keep from going over my cals im 265 and would like to be 160 by the end of june
  • jaydensmomma10
    Options
    oh and I was told that if I put in on here what exercises I do it will get more calories to eat is that true
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    That's a huge goal you have. Set small goals along the way so you can try to stick with it and see if your end goal is realistic....and yes the more calories you burn the more you can eat during the day if you choose to eat them back.
  • jaydensmomma10
    Options
    ok that sounds like a better idea with the smaller goals
  • flakeyjoyce
    flakeyjoyce Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could try looking up cardio or zumba videos on youtube and follow along with those. Doesnt require any equipment and it makes you sweat a lot! (Dont forget lots and lots of water as well)
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    im a stay at home mom so yes I would like to be able to work at home hiking is a great idea when it warms up here but until then I am lost on exercises to do at home that are not so long and a way to keep from going over my cals im 265 and would like to be 160 by the end of june

Not sure if I'm reading this right, so apologies if not: You mean you weigh 265 and would like to weigh 160... by the end of June? Do you mean 2016? Because you could maybe hit that by June 2016.

So a realistic rate of weight loss is 0.5 lb to 2 lbs per week. The closer you get to goal weight, the slower it's going to go though. This will likely take you 1.5-2 years.

I'm just saying this so that you know what to expect. I don't want you to freak out when you "only" lose 1 lb in a week or seem to see no change (that will happen, it's quite common). A lot of people give up because they don't meet expectations that were never realistic or possible to begin with.
  • jaydensmomma10
    Options
    160 by the end of june but im seeing that I cant expect a fast weight loss