PiYo and T25

Options
Ok so I have T25 and haven't done it yet. And I'm interested in PiYo. I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building and have less than nice neighbors down there. Which workout would be the most quiet for me to do? Some noise is ok, but I can't do jumps or anything without complaints.

Replies

• hheublein
    hheublein Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have both also! Piyo is very quiet but I didn't find to be the best workout for weightloss. Thank goodneas my downstair neighbors moved out and I am on week 3 of t25. I have no idea what I am going to do when we get new neighbors.

Maybe you can tell them you will only be jumping around for 25 mintues and if there is an ideal time for them.

You can do t25 and subsitute the jumping for jogging in place and such.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    That bums me out about piyo. I just had a baby and have 70lbs to lose. But it seems like a good option to help strengthen me up after months and months of not doing anything haha.
    Unfortunately I really don't think I will be talking to them because they will take any chance they can get for any kind of noise to complain about us =/ And sadly they just mvoed in.
    Hopefully when you get new neighbors they are nice!
  • allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    T25 is AMAZING! I just finished Beta round today and It is working! I have a 9 month old baby and really let myself go. Starting weight 266lbs, down 23lbs and 16" or so. Started December 27th. I do everything modified, there is NO WAY I am doing all that jumping with these boobs! lol....Give it a go, if I can do it, seriously anyone can :)
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I would love to start T25. I'm just thinking that it'll be too loud and I don't really want to have to modify the whole program. Bummer
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I love both! You can always do the modifications for T25, just don't do the jumping parts basically. That's what I do when my kiddos are sleeping. Well at least when I can get a workout in. Been so busy that I haven't been able to do much lately. But I've been doing both. Piyo is a great workout but it also gives the benefits of the yoga stretches which I need desperately. :) Good Luck!
  • allison1983weber
    allison1983weber Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The workout is intense even modified!!!! Give it a try
  • cocobongo
    cocobongo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The modifier doesn't jump and it's still a really good workout! I'm on Beta round now, I'm looking forward to trying PiYo when I finish Gamma but I don't believe it will be enough on it's own from what I've read.
  • jfrazer1505
    Options
    Piyo should not be loud for the neighbors. I actually do this 3xs a week and love it. I like the strength training with the combined stretches. I also rotate in 3 days of cardiovascular (insanity and zumba). Seems like all the HIIT may have loud consequences due to most of them having exercises such as burpees, jumps, and etc.