Short Girls

Options
how long did it take for you to lose weight?

I am 5'3 & 197lbs. I workout 5 days a week, a combo of cardio and weight training. I also have cleaned up my diet drastically! No more fast food, candy, pizza, pasta, Chinese, etc. healthy foods only!

I have a vacation planned the first week of June and am tying to imagine how far I can go in only 3 months.

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    1 pound a week is a reasonable goal. Log everything!
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". I started at 183 in September. By December I was 158. I am now 147. I'm at a pound a week lately.
  • brandigyrl81
    brandigyrl81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 33 years old. My starting weight was 198lbs and I'm currently around 174lbs. My goal weight is 165. I begin this particular weight loss journey on 9/15/14 (198lbs) and I reached 172lbs by 12/19/14. Like you, I exercise 5 days a week, 3 of those days include strength training. I don't eat fast food (haven't since 2011) but I still enjoy my favorite foods every here and there.
  • brandigyrl81
    brandigyrl81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    At age 22, you should have no problems losing a significant amount by June. Just don't stress over it, don't deprive yourself and log everything.
  • kekeluvsmatt
    kekeluvsmatt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    20-30lbs in three months. Thats how much weight I have lost in that time frame and thats me at 4'11" going from 154 to 135 and only exercising three days a week.
  • lohkin
    lohkin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 36, 4'10" and currently 146lbs (down from 167 in October 2014). I was/am tired of being labeled 'obese' by my Dr and insurance provider. I'm not done digging out of that hole yet. This photo was taken on 3/3/15.
    I eat around 1200c/day. I run 3x/week for 45 minutes, lift moderately heavy weights 3x/week, and I do rollerderby.
    11ayu4zh579l.jpg
  • mowree
    mowree Posts: 74 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm 4' 11". One thing you must be strict about is accuracy in logging calories. Short people don't need very many calories to begin with, so we don't have much room for over-indulging unfortunately. Even if you allow yourself a cheat day, try not to go over your goal by too many calories else you'll undo your weekly progress. If you're diligent, you can lose a significant amount of weight in that amount of time. I just incorporated daily walking 6x a week. I walk an hour in the mornings and 1.5 hours in the afternoons. In 2.5 weeks I'm down 4 lbs. I don't know if this trend will continue, but I'm gonna keep it up as long as my results keep happening.
  • bamagirlintn1
    bamagirlintn1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1 and have lost 11lbs since October. I am now at 128 on my way to 122. I am averaging about 1/2 lb a week. I eat 1200 calories per day, Zumba 3-4 times per week and strength train 3 times per week. Don't give up!