Can anyone keep me motivated? :)

Options
Nataliev1985
Nataliev1985 Posts: 13
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
hey all!
My name is Nat.

I have been a size 20 (Aus) then got down to a size 9
I then got too comfy and am now back up to a 14!
I need friends to help keep me motivated as I really do not want to go all the way to where I started.

Please feel free to share your stories too :) thanks xxx

Replies

• Nataliev1985
    Options
    ❤️❤️❤️
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP-You've got this!
  • Nataliev1985
    Options
    Heyyyy thanks so much! That arm of yours is quite inspiring too!
  • spirit220
    Options
    Hi Nat, Congrats on being a size 14..you're still ahead of the game. Do you keep a daily log of your calories, etc,? Keeping active will help you get back to that size 9. How do you feel about regular exercise? Do you think you can fit in 10 mins. of walking briskly three times into your day?
  • Nataliev1985
    Options
    Hey there :) thank you!
    The past 2-3 weeks I've been eating clean (most of the time hehe) and reduced my wine intake! (Yep I'm a wine-o!)
    I have a treadmill at home so this week I've already used it 3 times for an hour each time (burning 500 calories)
    I am just hoping I keep it up!

I am ok with being a 10 though. Size 9 was a little "too skinny" for me because I'm naturally curvy (my proportions)
  • Nataliev1985
    Options
    spirit220 wrote: »
    Hi Nat, Congrats on being a size 14..you're still ahead of the game. Do you keep a daily log of your calories, etc,? Keeping active will help you get back to that size 9. How do you feel about regular exercise? Do you think you can fit in 10 mins. of walking briskly three times into your day?

Hey there :) thank you!
    The past 2-3 weeks I've been eating clean (most of the time hehe) and reduced my wine intake! (Yep I'm a wine-o!)
    I have a treadmill at home so this week I've already used it 3 times for an hour each time (burning 500 calories)
    I am just hoping I keep it up!

I am ok with being a 10 though. Size 9 was a little "too skinny" for me because I'm naturally curvy (my proportions)

• Nataliev1985
    Options
    Lol so new to this- forgot to do the quote thingy!
  • spirit220
    Options
    I hate to sound like a bossy chick, so please know that I'm offering some ideas to help. Stop me if I'm getting on your nerves ;-) How about hanging a size 9 outfit in front of the closet where you'll be reminded of one of the reasons why you want to whittle off some lbs.?
  • jddicarlo
    jddicarlo Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I had lost 40+ lbs a few years back. Got to the lowest I was in a long time. Then seemed to lose my motivation. Put it all backon +. Got to the lowest point and made a decicion in January to get back into the game. Since then lost 20lbs and would like to lose another 40-50 to get to an ideal weight. Great job - you'll get back to where you were. Just stick with it!! Feel free to add me if you want.
  • Nataliev1985
    Options
    I hate to sound like a bossy chick, so please know that I'm offering some ideas to help. Stop me if I'm getting on your nerves ;-) How about hanging a size 9 outfit in front of the closet where you'll be reminded of one of the reasons why you want to whittle off some lbs.?

Not bossy at all :)

Yea that's a great idea.
    Perhaps even a photo of me when I was skinny haha
  • spirit220
    Options
    btw, I'm apple-shaped and would love to be able to tuck my shirt into my slacks. Not a good look for me right now. I'm about a 16 in slacks and a 16-18 in tees, or shirts...depending on the brand.
    I understand how easy it is to get comfy and gain back weight. We've all done that.

• Nataliev1985
    Options
    Oh
    jddicarlo wrote: »
    Welcome. I had lost 40+ lbs a few years back. Got to the lowest I was in a long time. Then seemed to lose my motivation. Put it all backon +. Got to the lowest point and made a decicion in January to get back into the game. Since then lost 20lbs and would like to lose another 40-50 to get to an ideal weight. Great job - you'll get back to where you were. Just stick with it!! Feel free to add me if you want.

congratulations!
    That's where I am at now- trying to lose it all over again. So that fact YOU DID is inspiration and motivation in itself. Thank you and keep it up!
  • jddicarlo
    jddicarlo Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Doing it once helps let us know we can do it again. But it does suck having to do it again. Hopefully we'll get it right this time and keep on the right path.....
  • AllieMitchell15
    AllieMitchell15 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A few things that has helped me stay on track.
    1) premade healthy meals
    2) changed background on my phone for a constant reminder to stay healthy
    3) several alarm reminders set on my phone to space out my eating more (8am breakfast, 9am work out, 12pm lunch, 3pm snack, 6pm dinner)
    4) I created a weight loss wall in my home that is out in the open and hard to miss. It has a biweekly weigh in chart for me to fill in, a calander, my goals, general meal plan, and general exercise plan on it as well. I often put sticky notes challenges on my wall too that has check boxes for me to check after i complete it each day.
    5) my 28 day challenge: they say it take 28 consecutive days to create a new habit. For 28 days stay with in your calorie intake goal and eat healthy and work out every day with one "rest day" per week. On rest days try to keep moving like general cleaning or go for a short easy walk.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, I've lost 14 lbs and currently going for 16 lbs in total (goal weight is 180 lbs). Good luck on your weight loss :)
  • Nataliev1985
    Options
    Hey there thank you! Great work! Goodluck with your journey x
  • Nataliev1985
    Options

Welcome to MFP, I've lost 14 lbs and currently going for 16 lbs in total (goal weight is 180 lbs). Good luck on your weight loss :)

Hey there thank you! Great work! Goodluck with your journey x
  • Nataliev1985
    Options
    btw, I'm apple-shaped and would love to be able to tuck my shirt into my slacks. Not a good look for me right now. I'm about a 16 in slacks and a 16-18 in tees, or shirts...depending on the brand.
    I understand how easy it is to get comfy and gain back weight. We've all done that.

We don't realise that it also takes work to maintain it. Lol. Best of luck with your goals hun
  • Nataliev1985
    Options
    A few things that has helped me stay on track.
    1) premade healthy meals
    2) changed background on my phone for a constant reminder to stay healthy
    3) several alarm reminders set on my phone to space out my eating more (8am breakfast, 9am work out, 12pm lunch, 3pm snack, 6pm dinner)
    4) I created a weight loss wall in my home that is out in the open and hard to miss. It has a biweekly weigh in chart for me to fill in, a calander, my goals, general meal plan, and general exercise plan on it as well. I often put sticky notes challenges on my wall too that has check boxes for me to check after i complete it each day.
    5) my 28 day challenge: they say it take 28 consecutive days to create a new habit. For 28 days stay with in your calorie intake goal and eat healthy and work out every day with one "rest day" per week. On rest days try to keep moving like general cleaning or go for a short easy walk.

Amazing tips thank you so much :)