...so candy won

Options
I have very little calories left for the day after indulging in sweets, sometimes I am not sure if giving in a little is actually worse than saying a firm NO to cravings, all comments and thoughts welcome!

Replies

• myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    371f495126e9487476ff22bcbf4ae460.jpgtumblrbannerpaint.jpgb27ecc993ce14b3bf2b1e738eee12878.jpg
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    if I have a craving for something, I am better off having that something. if I try to distract myself with different food items, I'll end up eating those... and then going back for what I originally wanted in the first place. I guess I'm spoiled, like that. :p
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    More important than anything is to chill and not to panic.

Secondly you should still eat a balanced and nutrutious amount for the day, at least 1200 calories irrespective of the sweets.

Moderation plus discipline works for most people, because the opposite side of never having candy drives many people a bit nytz and that causes them to binge.

That said some people find the only way they cna cope is not to have x items in the house.

Id go for moderation, becayse i cnat imagine never having candy again.

There is a third option which is to execise for calories, but it takes a lot of exercise just for a small chocolate bar.

Please dont worry, stuff happens, just deal with it better next time. Please eat and then have a think about which strategy will suit you. there are also many suggestions on board about alternative lower calorie candy.
  • Chrysalid2014
    Chrysalid2014 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    For me it's all or nothing. I think I'm a sugar addict as I've found even an apple after dinner can set me off on a sugar-seeking mission, and then anything is fair game. Last time it happened I ate a load of cake decorations I found in the cupboard that were god knows how old. So for me, I'm treating this like an addiction. I quit smoking 5 years ago and it's very similar (I was never able to just have one cigarette). I'm hoping after a year or so with no added sugar I will be able to have the occasional 'treat', but there will have to be strict rules.
  • Songbird61377
    Songbird61377 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    thank you all, I will have a reasonable dinner tonight, complete deprivation never worked for me, also the fact that I am going to have dinner is a first step in the right direction for me. In the past I would suffer a complete "what the hell" syndrome and just throw in the towel, but not today :smiley: so thank you!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    New dieters often get a bit swamped and you need the mindset that keeps your eye on your long term goal. Patience and keeping things in perspective will help. Things happen , just learn from it, be sensible and try and avoid the pitfalls in the future.

When I started dieting i was so focused i cut candy and crisps out completely. Got bored and now have them in moderation. If you have difficulty like this again consider prelogging your food so you know you get nutrition and that deals with the hunger aspect. Spare calories you cna use for whatever you want. Plenty of people follow an 80/20 split.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Resorak77 wrote: »
    thank you all, I will have a reasonable dinner tonight, complete deprivation never worked for me, also the fact that I am going to have dinner is a first step in the right direction for me. In the past I would suffer a complete "what the hell" syndrome and just throw in the towel, but not today :smiley: so thank you!

high five! :)
  • Tittan44
    Tittan44 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have found that when a craving wins... its not worth sweating about .... actually i sweat it out with cardio that equals consumption
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    tibby531 wrote: »
    if I have a craving for something, I am better off having that something. if I try to distract myself with different food items, I'll end up eating those... and then going back for what I originally wanted in the first place. I guess I'm spoiled, like that. :p

This is me too. Keep portions reasonable and work it into your calories.
  • kmariet7
    kmariet7 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I find certain foods I can have some without over doing it and others I am better off not having any...
  • stephanie1x2
    stephanie1x2 Posts: 55 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Personally i try to just give in a little but in moderation depending on how many calories i have left for the day.otherwise at some point it builds up and i end up going crazy eating WAY to much :p
  • FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Resorak77 wrote: »

That's the important thing: you kept on going and didn't give up because of it. See? You're already making progress!
  • healthybodyhealthylife
    Options
    tibby531 wrote: »

Lol me too! I end up doing more damage trying to avoid it than if I had just had it in the first place!
  • Songbird61377
    Songbird61377 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I feel so much more validated, I used to think I was the only one on earth feeling this way. Thanks!