Shifts and Summer

Options
I feel like I am in crisis mode. My shift at work has changed and I'm flailing. I used to work 9 to 5. So I have been able to get into a healthy food and workout routine. For the next four months I will be working 1 to 9. I am very much a routine person, so when something screws up my routine I'm at a loss. And it feels like I'm losing focus and determination.

My largest problem is that I want to eat late at night since I don't get home until about 9:30pm. And I'm finding it harder to get up for exercise classes. The spinning classes I really enjoy are at 6am in the morning. So I am finding it difficult to get up for these.

Also, it's finally starting to get warm! This means friends want to meet after work for beers and unhealthy pub snacks. (One of my favourite activites!)

Luckily, the last couple of weeks I haven't gained weight, but I haven't lost anything and I still have another 10 pounds to go.

If anyone has any suggestions of how to get back on track - it would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,111 Member
    Options
    Reschedule the spinning to a later class.

It's okay to eat when you get home.

Pretend you are still on the 9-5 and just set up your day exactly the same - just four hours later. Life is full of unexpected twists and turns. Roll with the punches.

You'll adjust! It's okay!!
  • DeanneK
    DeanneK Posts: 6
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I'm going to try and restructure my days a little better and hopefully find a more comfortable routine on this new shift.