19 days in and.........

Options
so I've stuck to the calorie allowance and even been under most days. I eat healthily maybe a few too many yogurts and grapes, and the exercise needs to be back on but I've lost absolutely nothing in the way of weight! I'm so disappointed. Any ideas anyone?:(

Replies

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    You are either: weighing and logging wrong, overestimating exercise burns, or your calories set is too high.

We need more information to help figure out which one that is. Open your diary. Explain your habits with measuring and logging. What is your current intake set to? What do you weigh? Etc.
  • MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're eating more than you think.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Those extra yogurts and grapes add up.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    are you weighing and logging your food?

if not - thats probably the problem - you're eating more than you think
  • amandastock
    amandastock Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    It took me about 6 weeks to figure things out. The right calories, exercise and how to log everything. You have to weigh food, it's never what you think it is. Example a medium Apple I thought was 55 was actually 88. So it adds up.
  • Aliphil1963
    Aliphil1963 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I usually go by the bar codes but I think you're right and the grapes are probably a problem. I need to make sure I weigh everything

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Lidoff_540x540.jpg

This = 335 calories
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Weigh everything, log everything with care
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'll repeat what others have said.
    1. make sure your details are correct when working out you daily allowance (I always thought I was 5ft 4, it turns out I'm 5'6. It makes a difference!!)

2. Log EVERYTHING you put in your mouth. It very quickly becomes an easy habit, especially as most of us eat similar foods on a daily basis so they are easy to find on the app.

3. Weigh everything. A digital scale that you can zero as you add ingredients is an invaluable tool.

4. Accurately record calories burned during exercise with a heart rate monitor.

5. I have invested in Tupperware! You can measure your grapes and take you portion with you!
  • Aliphil1963
    Aliphil1963 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you