drinking more water = more hungry?

Options
I have up'ed my water intake from about 6 glasses a day to between 9-14 glasses a day due to my new water bottle...
Now all of a sudden i'm getting hungrier? yesterday I had 15 glasses and went 532 calories over!
Today, I had 11 and haven't gone over...

Whats going on!

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Ummmmm...maybe you're going to the bathroom more and getting rid of calories a lot better than before? I know you need water to lubricate the pipes to get everything moving so that's the only explanation I can think of! I would just say you're going to have to plan better. Eat more high fiber, high protein foods to keep you full longer and don't eat empty calories that will leave you hungry. Every calorie counts.
  • christina_michelle
    Options
    hmm good idea!

Ya, I have been going to the bathroom not just for number one a lot. Usually after I had a bad night the day before...
  • Hazelhaze05
    Hazelhaze05 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Weird, I was starving all day today and didn't put this together. I ate like I normally do, but drank way more since I was using the mixer I use for my shake... Hopefully its like not like tomorrow, not sure how much more willpower I'll have lol
  • christina_michelle
    Options
    I read the more you drink water the less you retain! so maybe thats it!
  • KnottyNancy
    Options
    I am glad to hear that someone else feels more hungry the more they drink!

I am just re-starting out on my weight loss journey, but one thing I have noticed recently is that if I am headed to the kitchen for a snack because I am hungry, I drink a full glass of water BEFORE I get it. I end up eating way less.