plateau

lawdhelpme2
lawdhelpme2 Posts: 149
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
How much weight did you lose before you hit your plateau?

Replies

• PeaceMe
    PeaceMe Posts: 53 Member
    I am 5'1 I started at 158 and hit my plateau around 130 :(
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    I hit my first plateau after I lost 12 pounds. I stayed there about 2 weeks, then lost about 5 more and have been sticking there for about 2 weeks. 5"1 and started at 183.
  • lawdhelpme2
    Wow, what did you ladies do to get out of it? I may have been on one for two weeks and now I am moving again. I am so grateful. I kept going up and down from 262-263 and it wouldn't go any further. Glad I am moving on down again.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    I haven't hit one yet! I started at 177, and am down to 163. The only time I thought I hit a plateau, it turned out to be my TOM.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    about 40 pounds. and its been a long plateau, every time i think it broke boom brick wall
  • agameoffate
    agameoffate Posts: 17
    i would say 40 lbs. i thought it was around 35, but once i made better food choices i lost 5 more. i think i'm at it now. just stick with it. you can be stronger than that body of yours!
  • misssmiles
    misssmiles Posts: 207 Member
    what's TOM?
  • lawdhelpme2
    TOM is time of the month. :)
  • yep, Im on one now...I went through 3 mths of it Nov - Jan 2011 and attributed it to not going to the gym, altho I was doing other things to compensate. The kick start coincided with me getting a mountain bike. Im at one now, not moved for about 2 weeks, I have changed my diet, so Im going back to what worked.

I was routinely eating a Tesco Light Choices meal for lunch, then more often than not Id make sweet potato chips and maybe roasted veggies with that. So today, Im trying that again.

I was going all healthy living, but I think the increase in calories; albeit good calories has hindered me...

Sarah
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    I've been at the same weight for about 10 months. After about 3 months of it not moving, it just demoralized me and I've not been doing as good food wise.
  • Janworkingitout
    Janworkingitout Posts: 434 Member
    I hit my first plateau, a small one after about 4 months, then a very long one 3 months later. Whew, that one was 9 long weeks! After zig zagging my calories I started to lose again.
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    I try to zig zag calories and switch up my exercise routine when I hit a plateau. I want to keep my body guessing, I also try to drink more water in case it is water retention. The main thing is to stay the course and look for any of the NSV that you can find, because with measurements changing and clothes fitting better the weight will begin a downward trend again.
  • carmencelia
    carmencelia Posts: 4 Member
    I have had success breaking out of a plateau by either changing my meals around....breakfast for dinner, etc. or going to a minimal diet for a few days...mostly yogurts, cottage cheese, light soups. Go for the protein first and keep potions small. Stay away from carbs like breads of any kind, crackers, etc. as they will cause you to stop losing weight.
This discussion has been closed.