Gaining Weight?

Options
Originalcool
Originalcool Posts: 15 Member
edited March 2015 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Hello there! So I am very close to my goal weight! But one problem: should I jump once I have reached my goal to maintenance calories or when I reach my goal, add 100 calories each week until I reach maintenance calories? Along with your answer, please add why and how much I might gain! Thank you for reading ☺️

Replies

• arobed53
    arobed53 Posts: 2,004 Member
    Options
    I was basically at my maintenance calories when I got to my weight goal. But I went with a slow loss of about .5 a week. Took me longer but the adjustment to less calories was easier.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    You haven't given any information to assist people so you can only get very generic advice.

How big is your current deficit?
    How fast is your recent rate of weight loss?
    Are you low carbing?
    Will you be changing your diet at maintenance (i.e. relaxing restrictions) or will you simply be eating more calories but same food?

You may get a water weight bounce (which you must ignore and not react to!) but depends on the above. I didn't.

• Originalcool
    Originalcool Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    You haven't given any information to assist people so you can only get very generic advice.

How big is your current deficit?
    How fast is your recent rate of weight loss?
    Are you low carbing?
    Will you be changing your diet at maintenance (i.e. relaxing restrictions) or will you simply be eating more calories but same food?

You may get a water weight bounce (which you must ignore and not react to!) but depends on the above. I didn't.

I lose about 1-2 pounds per week
    I eat 1200 calories each day
    I think I will only eat more calories and the same food for the most part
    No, I'm not low carbing.
    :)