Whey Protein Power

Options
loveby30
loveby30 Posts: 76 Member
I have started to replace lunch (when I am super crazy at work) with a small smoothie from a nearby health food shop. The smoothie is low in calories but I just realised it contains whey protein powder.

I am a bit concerned as a few years ago I made my own smoothies with protein powder and it seemed to make me GAIN weight. Am I just being crazy, or is this something I should avoid if I am not trying to bulk up?

Cheers! xx

Replies

• MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You're being crazy.

There's nothing special about whey protein besides it being a very convenient way to get protein in.

No food will make you gain weight. A scoop of whey is anywhere from 120-150 calories with 25 being protein. You will not bulk up by having whey everyday. Trust me, if it was that easy everyone would be jacked up by now.
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Agree. Whatever reason you gained weight didn't have anything to do with the whey.
  • Tittan44
    Tittan44 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your whey protein.... if you have a fridge you can pre make your lunches on the weekend just be true to your cal intake. Even if you ttrained and followed a proper diet you wouldn't bulk up but you would tone up