Jawbone Users / Roller Derby People

Options
I've recently got myself a Jawbone but it turns out that absolutely no one I know on FB, Twitter, or on my contacts uses one. It'd be nice to get a few people who are also looking for a bit of company with this activity tracker. I'm not a fitness nut but I am trying to build a healthier approach to life, so let me know if you're interested.

I also play Roller Derby (in the UK) and reckon it might be nice to get a bit of a discussion going on with that too. One thing I struggle with is energy on bout days - I've not had many, but the only thing so far to pick my energy back up has been Lucozade - any healthier alternatives i can get down me at the bench?

And the double whammy, any skaters who use fitness trackers - have you found any ways to make them record activity more accurately? I used mine at training for the first time last night and it barely registered anything despite a 2 hour session and doing 27 in 5 at the end.

Replies

• itstimeRK
    itstimeRK Posts: 112 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have an UP and it logs my activity better than my Fitbit did when I wear both. The problem with skating is that you are moving in a fluid motion and the motion sensor isn't moving back and forth enough to trigger.

I have the same problem when I go grocery shopping because when I push the cart, my bands assume that I am inactive since my arms aren't swinging.
  • bettybing1
    bettybing1 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I realised this would be the case. I've read that sometimes biker riders put the tracker on their ankles for a better reading? Not sure if this might make a difference for me though.
  • kiwi790
    Options
    bettybing1 wrote: »
    I've recently got myself a Jawbone but it turns out that absolutely no one I know on FB, Twitter, or on my contacts uses one. It'd be nice to get a few people who are also looking for a bit of company with this activity tracker. I'm not a fitness nut but I am trying to build a healthier approach to life, so let me know if you're interested.

I'll be your friend on jawbone! What's your username?
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    kiwi790 wrote: »

To add someone to your UP team, you need their real name or e-mail address.

You can find more teammates in the Jawbone UP Bracelet group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/13420-jawbone-up-bracelet
  • bettybing1
    bettybing1 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    kiwi790 wrote: »

To add someone to your UP team, you need their real name or e-mail address.

You can find more teammates in the Jawbone UP Bracelet group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/13420-jawbone-up-bracelet

Joined it, thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    bettybing1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I realised this would be the case. I've read that sometimes biker riders put the tracker on their ankles for a better reading? Not sure if this might make a difference for me though.

Non-step based exercise needs to be logged—either in the UP app or in MFP. Logging in MFP overwrites your UP burn during that time, but UP doesn't have skating in its database.
  • mikatoofly
    mikatoofly Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Would love to have friends on my jawbone. I have only had it for a month and i love it. Im working on becoming more active.
  • scrapscot
    scrapscot Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend on Jawbone.
  • tnf2499
    tnf2499 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Add me please. I have 0 friends.
    Tara fulgham