Lower Abdominals >:(

Options
So I have *FINALLY* gotten to the point where I can see a bit of definition in my upper abs, which I'm absolutely loving! My only problem is my lower abs area. Albeit I was 200lbs 3-4 years ago, I have gotten down to a very healthy weight & have made sure to incorporate strength training/ toning in all of my workouts. My lower abs are still flabby, with ZERO definition.

My question: Are there ANY workouts that can target specifically the lower abs? Also, as far as diet goes, any suggestions? I'd love to have a bit of this flab gone by summer! :)

Replies

• sarahtiano
    sarahtiano Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    HIIT: high intensity interval training. burns fat like nobody's business...google some workouts!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Do some exercises that work your transverse abs.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm always interested in learning new ab exercises, so, just in case anyone posts some.......bump.
  • kelligonzales
    kelligonzales Posts: 391
    Options
    Lay on your back lift your legs at a 90 degree keep your hands at your sides and life your butt up and down. It works your Transverse abs...
  • lesliemk
    lesliemk Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Pilates. Have you tried that? I'm in the same boat, but mine is from having children. Ugh! It's my least favorite area right now and hard to get firm! You look awesome though!!
  • tonyit83
    tonyit83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hanging knee raises really hit your lower abs
  • Satya_Ayurveda
    Satya_Ayurveda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Planks, planks and MORE planks! If that isn't a good enough challenge for you, you can always modify them to a more difficult or challenging pose. Lift on leg and hold it in plank for 60 seconds, then do the other leg.
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump. I am having exactly the same problem. The lower belly just doesn't want to go...
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    if its skin...then nothing!
    if its fat...then burning fat in general is the only way...you can't "target burn to one area!
    if you want more definition or to tone...pelvic lifts, leg drops, and toe dips seem to target the lower abs the best!

if you need descriptions of any of those feel free to send me a message and I will try to explain the best that I can!! good luck and you look great!
  • lindsay6694
    lindsay6694 Posts: 182
    Options
    you could always try Jillian Michaels 6 week 6 pack. level 2 is a killer! ive noticed a big difference since i started it.
  • CTco89
    CTco89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do V-sits and hanging leg raises for my lower abs.
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    if its skin...then nothing!
    if its fat...then burning fat in general is the only way...you can't "target burn to one area!
    if you want more definition or to tone...pelvic lifts, leg drops, and toe dips seem to target the lower abs the best!

if you need descriptions of any of those feel free to send me a message and I will try to explain the best that I can!! good luck and you look great!

This is spot on... visible abs are all about low body fat and, unfortunately, genetics a bit of genetics..
    Everyone has ab muscles.. the trick is getting to a low body fat to make them visible.