how to get motivated to exercise

Options
HELP ME!!! I need to get motivated to excercise!! :sad:

Replies

• sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    promise yourself a treat for after (healthy of course)
    exercise whilst watching television, especially a show you dont to miss
    Join a group
    :smile:
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Just do it once and you'll feel so much better both mentally and physically after you're done. Then you'll have no problem wanting to do it again!
  • th1nkth1nmama
    th1nkth1nmama Posts: 158
    Options
    I'm looking for motivation too. I don't feel like it lately
  • Misslionheart
    Options
    I'm just the same..but it gets easier. When you see the weight drop off it helps. It might take a week or so to feel the benefits but it feels good to run/walk that extra bit :)

Good luck
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Start off by taking a walk first.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    This is a tough one! I don't like exercising but I love the results. So I have committed to 15 minutes a day, every day. I hop on the elliptical and pop in a DVD.

Since it's only for 15 minutes, though, I do my best to make it count. I wind up sweating like a pig and pretty exhausted - which I actually kind of like.
  • wannabefit4life
    Options
    I have a pair of shorts that I am working on wearing that are hanging on my closet. I see them multiple times throughout the day. I also have a dry erase calendar that sits above my desk, where I write in the workouts for the day. I get to mark them off when I've finished. I can't tell you how fun it is to see a day's workout crossed out! :) You just have to remind yourself that "anything worth doing is worth working for". Also make sure you find something you really love doing. Because if you do something that really isn't fun you'll dread the workouts!! Good luck! :)
  • bsexton3
    bsexton3 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My wife does it by setting the alarm early. When it goes off, she is up before she thinks about it. Sets out the clothes the night before. Plus, she knows I will not go back to sleep if the alarm goes off and she doesn't get up. If she gets up, I can easily go back to sleep. She does the bowflex, treadmill or jogging. So, her motivation is not really thinking about it.

Mine is the fact that she has already done it. Because my job is only 1/2 mile from home, I can take a long lunch and get my bike ride in this time of year when the best weather is around noon. And, I can come home at 5 in the summer and jump on the bike while she is getting dinner ready. Again, to do this, I set out the gear in the morning. I am motivated to do it later first thing in the morning. And, if I come home and it is sitting out, I can't simply sit on the couch and look at it.

Good luck.
  • Demetriadurall
    Options
    just listen to some music and walk before u know it 60 mins will been passed and that at least 100calories burned...or try taking megaT greenT it pumps me up
  • steffiluwho
    steffiluwho Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i have spent months with no motivation, until i saw the other day a great idea to 'virtually walk' somewhere...so i picked my destination, figured out the miles...dug out my pedometer, did a little research on how many steps are in a mile, and now i am walking to visit my friend 'virtually' 2000 miles away. ill get there someday :) good luck