Calories ?
  • DeeNyceRN
    DeeNyceRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious!
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Katrina, I'd l;ike to see you post recipes and nutritional information with these photos. I see "refried beans" and I think the caloric content must be through the roof.

MFP had a really tasty chicken enchilada bake in a blog not too long ago. I've made it and even my non-dieting husband gave it two thumbs up. blog.myfitnesspal.com/chicken-enchilada-casserole/http://

• DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I made this a few weeks ago - 385 calories for 1 1/4 cups (I was even able to cut out a whole tablespoon of olive oil with my cookware). Really tasty. But definitely for a day when you have more time in the kitchen because there are a few steps involved. The family loved it. http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/stacked-chicken-enchiladas
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    You can actually figure out the calories depending on what kind of ingredients you use, and how much/how many servings.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    ^^ I know that, but not for the dish in the photo because there are no amounts listed. And a real recipe will give preparation instructions.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    fatcity66 wrote: »
    You can actually figure out the calories depending on what kind of ingredients you use, and how much/how many servings.

Yes we can most of us can, but before I go to the trouble of building a recipe I want to now the basic information like is this going to take me all day, is the photo 1 serving or was it dished as two servings to look like more food, did it taste good (because that's not even mentioned) or just look good, basic nutritional info because some recipes can't be altered to fit macros without ruining the recipe. Also, I can make an educated guess at directions but some info would be helpful.

When I glance at a recipe and see amounts and directions I can tell right away if it can be altered to suit my macros and fit in my lifestyle. That's what is helpful to most people when others post recipes.

ETA: Also some people don't know how to cook and can't just wing it. They need the info and the instructions to be able to actually complete a meal.

• Danni_peck
    Options
    This looks tasty. I might try it.
  • katrinapri
    katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
    Options

Yes, that is very true. There are many alternatives out there, that's why I don't list the calorie content and you can always alter it anyway you like.
  • katrinapri
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »

Yes we can most of us can, but before I go to the trouble of building a recipe I want to now the basic information like is this going to take me all day, is the photo 1 serving or was it dished as two servings to look like more food, did it taste good (because that's not even mentioned) or just look good, basic nutritional info because some recipes can't be altered to fit macros without ruining the recipe. Also, I can make an educated guess at directions but some info would be helpful.

When I glance at a recipe and see amounts and directions I can tell right away if it can be altered to suit my macros and fit in my lifestyle. That's what is helpful to most people when others post recipes.

ETA: Also some people don't know how to cook and can't just wing it. They need the info and the instructions to be able to actually complete a meal.

Thank you for your input, I'm new to this and I'm just starting out. so I am seeing what people respond to and adding additional info as i go along, I am not a professional just giving out ideas. Have a blessed one
  • katrinapri
    Options
    Katrina, I'd l;ike to see you post recipes and nutritional information with these photos. I see "refried beans" and I think the caloric content must be through the roof.

MFP had a really tasty chicken enchilada bake in a blog not too long ago. I've made it and even my non-dieting husband gave it two thumbs up. blog.myfitnesspal.com/chicken-enchilada-casserole/http://

Thank you for your input, I'm new to this and I'm just starting out. so I am seeing what people respond to and adding additional info as i go along, I am not a professional just giving out ideas. Have a blessed one
  • katrinapri
    Options
    The calorie content can fluctuate because you may use different ingredients, or substitute ingredients.
  • katrinapri
    Options
    DeeNyceRN wrote: »
    Looks delicious!

Thank you!
  • daniebanks
    daniebanks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    yummm