Good workout videos with an injured foot - suggestions wanted!

LaurenAOK
LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
Hey all, I just got back from the doctor with some bad news - I have my first running injury. It's either a ligament sprain ("turf toe" I think it's commonly referred to in the sports world) or a hairline fracture; I didn't want to pay for an x-ray to find out which one for sure. Either way, I have to stay away from running and stay off my foot as much as possible until it heals.

I don't want to completely stop working out, though - without workouts, I find it really hard to stick to my daily calorie goal. I prefer to work out at home, so I'm looking for good workout videos that won't have me jumping around or using my feet a lot. I'm thinking boxing or maybe pilates would be good types of workouts.

If anyone can think of any favorites, let me know! Stuff on youtube, netflix, or amazon prime would be best, but I also don't mind ordering a dvd if it's really worth it. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• LaurenAOK
    Bumpity bump... I found a few but if anyone has any favorites I would love to hear about them!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    You can do Pilates style matwork, especially core stuff, as long as you don't feel stress on the foot (which you might, even though you're not putting weight on it).

There are a few vids on Youtube of people working around lower body injuries.

I would really try to let it heal, though, and avoid anything that even kind of hurts (even cycling, unless you're okayed for it).
  • LaurenAOK
    Thanks! I have found a couple of Pilates videos I'm going to try. I don't think matwork will cause my foot any issues. Fingers crossed (*)
  • K757B
    K757B Posts: 4 Member
    I had a foot injury and found some things that I could do-Jessica Smith has one called "40-Minute Seated Chair Cardio and Strength Workout". Pilates mat work is a good idea. You could try searching for barre,Tracy Anderson, or Ballet Beautiful mat work, too.