It's hard to be excited about exercising.

Options
Hey, my name is Lindsey. I'm 15 years old. I got on this site with my mom about 4 months ago. I quit about 1 month ago and I just got started again. I can't seem to stay excited about excercising and dieting. I really do want to wear a bikini this summer, but the belly I got has to go....any tips or advice?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Do any of your friends play a sport you could join in?

Are their social dancing lessons in your area?

Do you like hula hooping?

Have you ever tried belly dance?

The key is to find something you ENJOY!!
  • stamy6
    stamy6 Posts: 27
    Options
    Do what's fun for you and join your friends.
    Eat a healthy well balanced meals complete fresh fruits veggies and lean protein.

Enjoy life!
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    What about your mom? Is she still on the site? Is she exercising? The easiest thing would be to do something with her so you both benefit. And then get your friends involved...find something you all enjoy doing and do it after school. You might also talk to a coach or PE teacher at your school to see what type of exercises they recommend. They can probably give you a whole list of activities. Just don't give up...you will get there.
  • lindseybear
    Options
    @concordancia....none of my friends play sports, my mom doesn't want me to be gyrating my hips everywhere (I still want to try it out though), and I don't like hula hooping.

@stamy6.....I will do my best. Thanks for the advice!! :)

@FoamyRiver....Yes and yes. Thank you for the advice.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I work out on my Wii -- I find that I HAVE to make a game out of it. But I do agree, sometimes it's really hard to get (and stay) motivated!
  • lindseybear
    Options
    @suzooz....That's how it is for me. I have to make it fun or else I will quit.