How soon should I see results?

Options
Hello all

Ive been using this app for a few months now but I have recently changed my goals (lowered goal weight & increased workouts) I am 5'3 & currently 122 My goal weight is 115 (which is still a healthy weight for me) I have started running a few times a week so now I am working out 5-6 times a week (spin, zumba, & 4mile runs) I try to maintain my calorie intake at 1200 Ive really only been doing all of the above (combined) for a maybe 3week but I was wondering how soon I should be able to see results? Or if I should try adjusting anything else in order to meet my goals. Here is a sample a normal day for me

BREAKFAST:
½ cantaloupe
½ banana
½ scoop wheat grass

MIDMORNING:
Homemade coffe
Kellogs strawberry cereal bar

LUNCH:
Can of tuna (in water)
2 slices of whole wheat bread
1 tbsp lite mayo
Single portion of baby carrots

AFTERNOON:
Fiber bar
Fruit (a pear today)

DINNER:
Chicken breast
Bell pepper
Onion
Tomato soup
2 corn tortillas

SNACKS:
Yogurt covered pretzels (100 cal pack)
More fruit (usually a mango)

Im thinking maybe cut the carbs at dinner? I already drink a lot of water a day & no soft drinks. Ideas anyone??

**I forgot to add my workouts are normally about an hour.. Today Im doing 20min warm up on treadmill, abs, squats, & then my 1hour zumba class**

Replies

• zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your workout calories out of curiosity?
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    I wouldn't cut the carbs, just make sure they are healthy carbs which they seem to be. Since you seem to work out a lot I would suggest upping your calorie intake. I know that don't make sense but it looks like your body needs a little more fuel. Do you eat your exercised calories?
  • glopez_dance
    Options
    No I try not to eat back my calories but I normally end up at around 1300 total calories or 1500 on really "bad" days
  • tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    your day looks healthy, your workouts sound good!! I am also 5'3" and weigh 131 (my goal is 112), and my average calorie intake is usually about 1300 for MY best results!! You may start seeing results on the tape measure before you do on the scale...with the amount and type of workouts that you are doing you are sure to be gaining muscle (which as you know) weighs more then fat!! your body will need to even out a bit before the scale starts going down again!
  • familyfound
    familyfound Posts: 16
    Options
    your day looks healthy, your workouts sound good!! I am also 5'3" and weigh 131 (my goal is 112), and my average calorie intake is usually about 1300 for MY best results!! You may start seeing results on the tape measure before you do on the scale...with the amount and type of workouts that you are doing you are sure to be gaining muscle (which as you know) weighs more then fat!! your body will need to even out a bit before the scale starts going down again!

I agree...I am only starting to lose now..gaining muscle initially...it took about 3ish weeks before I started seeing the weight come off!!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, you should eat back at least half of your exercise calories. Otherwise your body will fight to hang on to every last bit of fat. There are many other posts that go into more detail of the dangers of not providing your body with enough fuel. Also, where are the vegetables? Aim for 3-5 servings every day. Proper nutrition is critical when operating at a calorie deficit.