how do you fight your cravings?

Options
I want chocolate sooooo bad right now!!!!!

Replies

• melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Can you have a small piece and walk away? Me personally I can't so I have to stay away. I try to distract myself call a friend, take a walk, chew some gum. Eventually the craving will pass. Not easy by any means.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Go for a run and then have a small piece of dark chocolate....
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I keep super dark chocolate in my freezer. When I have to have chocolate I get a square and nibble on it. It's usually so rich that by the time I finish my craving is over.
  • keeponlaughing
    keeponlaughing Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    120 calories chocolate covered ice cream bars from Walmart. 18 for 5 bucks.
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Have a hot chocolate. They're usually not that bad if you make them yourself or check labels when you choose what to buy. (Restaurants may be another story. Check out the nutrition ahead, and don't get whipped cream, unless you're prepared to work that into your day, or you know, *really* want it.)

Some chocolate popsicles are quite reasonable.

Get a chocolate bar and eat a square or two. The flavoured Lindt ones (and similar from other brands) are pretty good if you don't want plain. I personally find dark mint chocolate, preferably not over sweetened, is a thing I very much enjoy and don't need much of.

Find a chocolate mug cake recipe on the net.

Aim for really rich options when you do it. The richer it is, the less you'll want. Given infinity M&Ms, I will eat until I regret it. Given a brownie, about halfway through, I am wondering why I didn't split it with someone.
  • Shawanda504
    Shawanda504 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would normally drink a chocolate protein shake....
  • lgquinnross
    lgquinnross Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't fight it! We all have cravings just redirect to a craving that will give you success! Every time you work out you can have a chocolate. Only time you're allowed one. Even if it's small workout
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Im getting bad, but i went out today and bought even more candy and chips. I have heaps of it and I mean heaps. It looks at me. I find it amusing.

Id prefer to lose weight more than I need candy at the moment.
    As a fallback I dont restrict anything and if I want chocolate, candy and chips, then i cna have them. My insurance is I go and earn the calories at the gym.

What you should probably do in terms of chocolate is try and fit some into your calorie allowance. Eat it at the end of the day after you have deal with basic nutrition. there are several threads on what people use as lower calorie chocolate alternatives that gives them enough of a hit to deal with the craving. the other alternative is just to eat a smaller portion, part of a candy bar etc.

For many dieters cutting out soemthing completely, especually if they crave can be too harsh and can lead to binging.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have some chocolate or whatever it is I'm craving and fit it into my calories.
  • beaut93
    beaut93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ill give all these suggestions a go next time temptation creeps in!!! thank you all soooo much ☺ keep on track evetyone!!! (unlike me!)
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Cravings were only much of an issue when i first started (again). That's usually when they are their worst I think. As someone who used junk food for comfort on a daily basis for years, i've now gone over 3 months and have not had any craving issues nor have I given in and let cravings ruin any more of my hard work in the gym.

I'll probably sound crazy for saying this but I found actually talking to myself worked. If I felt some kind of craving or temptation I would just get a little vocal with myself and remind myself that I've done this before and I know how terrible and guilty i'll feel after it. (Something along those lines, but usually a little more self-name calling and swearing lol)

If that method dont work you can always just brush your teeth lol. That'll work because it'll make anything taste terrible and give you enough time to get over what you're craving.

Good luck. Hope you can get a hold on the habit, I know it's hard fighting them off sometimes, but don't give in and soon enough it will no longer be an issue.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If I have the calories, I go for it.
    If not, I try to find a substitute.
    Or I go over my calories and make it even out over the week.
  • chiilipepper
    chiilipepper Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    find a substitute for the chocolate such as protein pudding. I get cravings a lot specially when I am prepping for a show. I honestly can not have any chocolate and when the cravings are there because I think is more mental than anything, I take a supplement call Liporidex Plus which is for appetite control and that's how I'm able to control it. If you haven't heard about this product check out their website...I like it cause is natural.
    www.myliporidex.com
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I generally do not fight cravings. I try to work with them and stay within my calories for the week. If it puts me over for the day but if my week's net calories allow it...I enjoy it and usually get over it for a while.

A couple weeks ago I had enough calories left over...I ate a tube & a half of Thin Mints girl scout cookies. I have 3 more boxes in the freezer but I have not even wanted any...and I still lost weight.

Key is in not going over your weekly calories.
  • beaut93
    beaut93 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    thank you for all your advice ☺☺☺☺☺ much appreciated and much needed!!!!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I will have a piece of chocolate a day. I love those little mini size bars. They are just perfect for me. I plan for that and log it in accordingly. I think why some many people fail at weight loss is they don't make adjustments and cut things out completely. I know that I will NEVER be able to go without my little daily treat so I just plan for it.

Good luck!