Help! I need new workout music....

Options
I am getting sick of the same old stuff on my playlist, but I don't know what to add to keep it interesting. I would definitely say my tastes for workout music falls into the rock/hip hop/metal categories. I need it up tempo and with a good beat. Any suggestions?

Replies

• NekoneMeowMixx
    NekoneMeowMixx Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am in no way, shape or form a fan of "Top 40" but "Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO is a guilty pleasure of mine and always gets me going :P
  • tbilly20
    tbilly20 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If you dig rock, look into Volbeat. They are a Danish band, I believe. I plug them in on mountain bike rides to get the blood pumping!
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    These are both great additions to my playlist. Thank you!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I mostly listen to metal. Here's the list of bands on my Ipod: Darkest Hour, In Flames, Slipknot, Children of Bodom, Vader, Chelsea Grin, Born of Osiris, Breakdown of Sanity, All that remains (old stuff), As i lay dying, Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Five Finger Death Punch.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    I was in the same spot...after listening over & over again to my 400+ tunes I was dreading working out to the same old same old. Found some (to me) fast paced latin/spanish tunes and made a new playlist to run with (cannot understand one word of any of the 28+ tunes so far, lol). ((was checking out youtube zumba videos and the music oddly was calling to me...never in a million years would I have thought it would float my boat....but again, never thought I'd drop 150 lbs and run either). Good luck finding what moves you :)
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Volbeat A warrior's call is an awesome upbeat great tempo song. If you listen and it doesn't pump you up there might be something wrong with you. Also, it fits in nicely with I miss the misery - Halestorm and Click Click Boom from Saliva. I love it when I can find music that will really pump me up during a workout.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I know it's grunge but Ten (the entire album) by Pearl Jam has been my thing recently. Seriously, Once is a great song to work out to!
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I love Pandora! Tons of different stations. I can listen to whatever I'm in the mood for.
  • johnjohn9211
    johnjohn9211 Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Face Everything and Rise by Pap Roach
    Hell Yeah by Rev Theory
  • GTJanuary
    GTJanuary Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Okay I highly recommend an APP for your cellphone or tablet which is called Spotify. It allows you to search for the music you like and create your own playlist. You can search for workout music or individual songs or full CD's. Every genre is there from country to rap. It's free and you get a commercial every hour but it's worth it. You can pay for the upgraded if you want (I don't) and won't have the commercial interruption. I have found music I haven't heard in decades there! Hope this helps!