Any night shifters?

Options
Any night shift users willing to share some tips for a beginner on how to shed the weight while still sleeping all day?

Replies

• jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i workout while I'm at work on a night shift but then again i guess I'm lucky in that i work alone in a building at the moment.. i started out months ago by getting up and walking on the spot in the very small office .. then zipped it up to jogging on the spot ..every little helps
  • peacelovekates
    Options
    I am a coordinator stuck behind a desk doing paperwork for 12 hours a night. While I could get up and "stretch my legs" I can't be gone for more than 5 minutes at a time. Also, please note, I have to wear business clothes so getting sweaty on the job isn't always an option :(
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I work 10 hr graveyard shifts. Pack some workout clothes and bring it to work. Change and straight head to the gym after work.
  • Alysssa_93
    Options
    I usually just work out after my night shifts. I drink a pre work out like a hr before so I'm not sleepy and have a protein shake after! I'm trying to shed baby weight and rock a body again lol
  • danaury
    danaury Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oilfield night shift worker here. I find that working nights has made my cut much easier. I do intermittent fasting with an eating window from 2pm-10pm, work from 6pm-6am, sleep from 6am-2pm and work out as soon as I wake up at 2pm. I have a small carby breakfast, hit the gym and am at work at 6pm, eating a dinner and a snack at 8pm and 9:30pm, respectively. After that I just have water or zero cal drinks (tea w Splenda, diet soda) until bedtime. I'm almost down to single digit body fat, should just be another month!
  • jadenicole3
    Options
    Midnight shifter here!
  • jadenicole3
    Options
    I'm new to this and have just recently strted working out again. Any tips on how to shed weight in a healthy but timely fashion would be great! My goal is to lose 50lbs within a year or less.
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I work 7pm to 6am, and I do my work outs before work at around 3pm to 4pm, around the time I wake up. Now that it is warming up, I plan on running right after work, around 630am, before first light.

Do you get a lunch break at all? I get an hour, which to be honest I do not need, but I use it to use our gym here at my work.

Also, to take advantage of your time, plan and prep your meal and work out. I found that it easier when you plan ahead so you can stay on track with meals and work outs.