Adjusting calorie intake

Options
MFP seems to want to recalculate my daily calorie target as I have lost weight. Ive changed the figure in goals, but this updates all previous entries, showing that I have gone in to the red, which doesn't seem fair. Any ideas?

Replies

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    If you want the same rate of loss, it is going to have to lower your calorie target from time to time when you lose weight.

If you're okay with a slower rate of loss, then update this by changing your goals. So if you are at 2 lbs per week, drop it to 1.5 or 1, whatever gets you closer to the total you actually want.

Or ignore the fact that previous days turn red?

I just went through and changed my own rate of loss in goals, and it only changed today's target calories, not previous days. (I'm on the web, not app. App may be wonky.)
  • lau444
    lau444 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that problem (going into the red) on the app, but not on the full website.
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I know red can be discouraging but it doesn't really mean anything. What the scales say and how your clothes fit is the true measure of how you're doing.
  • Petrolhead75
    Petrolhead75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks, I'll take a look at the website x
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I changed my goals this morning. My weekly calories were wonderful and green, now they're red! Ignore ignore ignore.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    That's the past. Ignore it. Why are you looking back?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

True dat :smile: I guess it's just the point of it!
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

THIS

You know you were doing fine and in the green and under your goal, it's in the past. Focus on the future!