Legs

Options
Well, lower body really.

I've been running alot, and I'm wanting to incorporate exercises to help tone, and to do something besides running. I know my body, and running isn't going to everything that I want. Does anyone have any ideas for glutes, thighs (inner/outer/top/bottom), calves? Mainly butt and calves. I know squats and lunges, but I never know how many to do?

Also are wall sits good for toning?

I'm deathly afraid that when I lose this weight, I'll have a saggy bottom. Nobody likes that.

Any help tips and ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Replies

• beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Wall sits are good for both toning and strengthening. I started at a low number of each and worked up to 100 a day, I could really tell a difference. There are some great DVDs out there as well.
  • mlconway
    mlconway Posts: 23
    Options
    Check out this website:

http://www.bodyrock.tv/

She posts really short, but intense workouts that will really help tone and build lean muscle. Some might be too intense at first if you're not very athletic. I would recommend starting with a really short one (<10 mins) and keep working on it!! Plus, you can alter her workouts if you don't have the equipment/can't do the exercise.
  • amylynn9
    amylynn9 Posts: 40
    Options
    Squats with side leg extensions, I only did 25 yesterday and I still feel them.

It's just a normal squat and when you come up, raise one leg to the side, then squat again and repeat on the other!
  • DarkDiva2005
    DarkDiva2005 Posts: 140
    Options
    bump
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    check out bodyrock.tv The girl on there has some awesome lower body leg exercises that aren't just run of the mill squats and lunges.
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Squats with side leg extensions, I only did 25 yesterday and I still feel them.

It's just a normal squat and when you come up, raise one leg to the side, then squat again and repeat on the other!

Love this one as well! And do your squats and lunges with weights. You should only be able to do 15-20 per set, or they're too easy---up the weight! :wink: