My Stupid Skinny Boyfriend

Options
My boyfriend is 6'2 and a very lanky dude. He is the epitome of bean pole stature.

The other morning, at my house, he was in the bathroom while I stepped on the scale.

It read 145.

Then I told him to see how much he weighed. So he stepped on the scale.

It read 145.

I am 5'4.

I HATE HIM SO MUCH RIGHT NOW HE IS HUGE AND I AM SMALL
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:sad:

I must feed him.:drinker:

Replies

• ponyskates
    Options
    My boyfriend is 6'2 and a very lanky dude. He is the epitome of bean pole stature.

The other morning, at my house, he was in the bathroom while I stepped on the scale.

It read 145.

Then I told him to see how much he weighed. So he stepped on the scale.

It read 145.

I am 5'4.

I HATE HIM SO MUCH RIGHT NOW HE IS HUGE AND I AM SMALL
    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY:sad:

I must feed him.:drinker:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it is about skinny guys and curvy women! My first goal after reaching my pre-pregnancy weight is to weigh less than DH. When I met him, he was 5'7 and 130 pounds (very muscular though), I am happy to say that 2.5 years later after being with me, he is 5'7 and 165 pounds. And in my opinion looks WAY better.

He tortures me still though, he tries bending over to make tummy 'rolls' which are really more like skin wrinkles and he whines 'I'm sooooooo FAT!' I want to kill him.

:angry: :mad: :explode:

:grumble:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options
    And to add - DH believes this phenomenon is due to the fact that in nature, the females are always supposed to be bigger. :laugh: He is extremely freaked out about me wanted to weigh less than him.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain (only, I WISH I were your size).

Since I started this in June I wanted to be 209 (started at 260) just so I could weigh less than my husband (who was 210). Well, since we are eating better he is losing weight too! I am 189, and he's 187! I CAN NEVER CATCH UP!!!
  • superkitty7
    Options
    TELL me about it. My boyfriend eats crap all day and when he does gain weight, he loses it in a week when he wants to! No fair!

109062.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • sarahbear0826
    Options
    tell me about it. im desperately trying to lose weight (struggled with it my whole life) and hes 120 lbs and 5'4...all he eats is junk. all the time. hes been the same the whole time we've dated (4 1/2 years). ive lost 15 pounds, but i think i could lose more if i saw him eating better. it just sucks that when im snacking on celery...hes eating nachos. ugh:noway:
  • Mimiche
    Options
    Ack!
    My boyfriend is a skinny Asian.. and eats endless amount of white rice, spring rolls, noodles, chicken balls, all covered in creamy sauces.. not to mention his family makes big fat cheesy pizzas at there restaurants. Yet him and his sisters are all so thin!
    And it sucks going to his place because they make me my all time favorite (particularily before I lost weight) which is there deep fried shrimp and hot dipping sauce :noway:
  • cmdelux
    Options
    It's true!.........My husband just started eating better (he saw how well this was going for me and wanted to do it together, which I am grateful for), and he is dropping weight so fast - I am so jealous! But I know it is because of male physiology. Their bodies are different than ours - they burn calories faster (higher metabolism), build muscle faster, and have more endurance (due to larger lung and heart capacities than women)........Not fair, but true. So I have decided not to make this a competition, since MY weight and fitness are what I am in this for, not to win a bet or compare how he is doing to how I am doing.

109345.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    I don't have a stupid skinny boyfriend but I do have a big stupid boyfriend. lol

:flowerforyou:
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    If you and your boyfriend eat the same amount of food at each meal, there's a good chance that you will weigh the same.

If you split meals evenly, share bottles of wine glass for glass... you end up getting about the same number of calories... If this sounds familiar to anyone, it's time to change if you want to weigh less than your partner.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    When I met my husband we both weighed 155, I am 5'9" and he is 6'2" and I had a similar reaction.

Let's face it, some men like their women to look like women and not sticks. My husband has never made any comments about my weight, big or thin.

I gained weight the first year we lived together because he LOVES to eat and I would always go with him, it wasn't until I went to put on a pair of the previous summer's shorts that I realized what I was doing and started to pay attention to what I was eating.

After two children and gaining 90lbs with each one, and him starting to gain weight we are all eating better and working out more. Build great habits now so you don't have this struggle later, it just gets harder and harder to lose as life gets busier!

:drinker:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. lol, my fiance weighs about 150, he is 5'8". He's not SKINNY, but he is lean and muscular. I weigh 154, I am 5'6".... I'm come so far and still weigh more than my man :grumble:
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Sorry girls my hubby looks like a football player (even without the shoulder pads he looks like he is wearing them), every since the first time I laid eyes on him I thought he had the sexiest body ever. He is 5'11 and weighs in at a VERY muscular 225. HOWEVER, since I started losing weight - he has started gaining. In the past 2 months I have lost 18 pounds and he has put on 10. Now, I don't mind the belly getting a little bigger on him but DO want him to be happy and healthy for himself and our children.
    I did make him promise when I was pregnant with Lola Gracen that no matter what he wouldn't let me weigh more than him. And wouldn't you know on delivery day I was 232 and he was 234 -- GOOD MAN!!:bigsmile:
  • DjBliss05
    Options
    I had skinny bfs like that (now ex bf, but not because they were skinny :laugh: ). I always liked being cuddly and having a little meat on my bones. Yeah, it is annoying, but in the end you are probably a little nicer to curl up next to than the skinny boys! :flowerforyou:

My bf now is an inch taller than I am an 255 pounds. So he has some catching up to do! The changes in eatting and me dragging him to the gym has led to him losing some weight. It is so frustrating because he does about a 1/5 of what I do and still losing at a good pace. I told him if he even thinks about catching up I will start switching the foods in the house so he doesn't realize he is eatting more fattening stuff!!! I was kidding... hopefully! :devil:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Options
    Ack!
    My boyfriend is a skinny Asian.. and eats endless amount of white rice, spring rolls, noodles, chicken balls, all covered in creamy sauces.. not to mention his family makes big fat cheesy pizzas at there restaurants. Yet him and his sisters are all so thin!
    And it sucks going to his place because they make me my all time favorite (particularily before I lost weight) which is there deep fried shrimp and hot dipping sauce :noway:

I cannot be around lovely little asian women. :grumble: It makes me feel like a huge lummocks. They just LOOK dainty and graceful, naturally. :angry:
  • Mimiche
    Options
    Ack!

I cannot be around lovely little asian women. :grumble: It makes me feel like a huge lummocks. They just LOOK dainty and graceful, naturally. :angry:

Agreed.
    His sister Lin is just so natually tiny, but she isn't a rail either, she has her own curves too. I'm alot bigger in comparison :explode:
  • jenrobi
    Options
    My fiance is a a seriously lanky dude too. 6'1' and 138. When I met him he was 135 so in a year and a half, he's gained 3 pounds. He grabs the skin on his stomach and says, "See Baby, I've gained since I've been with you!" So silly.

But he certainly does love the woman with curves! He tells me that my body is beautiful all the time, which is so precious of him. I wish I could feel it too, but he says, "your body is the one that wars were fought over"... such a romantic, haha!

I hate that I weigh more than him, I think I will always weight more than him though! I want to get to 135 one day, but as long as I make it to 145, I'd be one happy camper!

I honestly love being curvy, so I am not going to be miffed if my hips are a little bigger than most, or my butt. Just as long as they're toned, I'll be happy. My belly will never be flat but that is okay! From being a bit thinner a couple years ago< i know that I really can be happy with my body the closer to goal I get.

Okay, this went onto a ramble. I'm done now!

Oh...wait....don't you hate it when super skinny boyfriends eat super sweet treats and don't gain anything? hehe
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    men suck. My coworker is like this 6-3 or 6-4 and sooo freaking thin and he can down food and pop like its nothing but he is finally putting on some wt due to his karate and it looks like he is getting taller so it all balances out!!!!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    My bf is around 275. We weigh about the same . . . well, I may be 5 pounds lighter than him now. :laugh: But, he lifts weights like a fiend 6 or 7 days a week. His muscles are rock-hard and I :heart: :heart: :heart: it!!!! But, he also has a layer of fat over them and when it comes to cardio, he gets on the elliptical for five minutes and is COVERED in sweat. Then, he battles it out for half an hour to 45 minutes when he really needs to start with 10 or 15 and work his way up.

He's determined to "get big," but he won't Shred with me or walk on the treadmill. lol. He's *my* Stupid Big Boyfriend. :flowerforyou: I luff him... even if he doesn't listen.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    men suck. My coworker is like this 6-3 or 6-4 and sooo freaking thin and he can down food and pop like its nothing but he is finally putting on some wt due to his karate and it looks like he is getting taller so it all balances out!!!!

This is OT and random but your ticker made me smile because you are the exact opposite of me!

74 lb to go for me.
    74 lb lost for you!
    Go you!