Meal Replacement Shakes

Options
ohmijord
ohmijord Posts: 25 Member
Do you guys drink any meal replacement shakes? I used to do Shakeology, but it's way to expensive. If you do, what kind do you drink, and does it actually keep you full and help you lose weight?

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:
    I prefer to munch my calories. I believe high fiber meals are healthy. I only prepare smoothies with real fruit and add some whey protein plus almond butter. I do not use it as a replacement of any meal. Just another part of my nutrition. It is cheaper and healthier when I prepare my own.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I love Aldi's meal replacement shakes. Basically chocolate milk with extra vitamins and fiber. Super cheap. I think $3.79 for 4 bottles. But I drink it as my bedtime snack. Always make sure I save enough for the 190 calories. Totally worth it to me. I've tried them as a meal, but they only kept me full about two hours.
  • darkbeth
    darkbeth Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I drink a half serving of Soylent for lunch when I am at work (335 calories, though serving sizes are changing with their new version). It was engineered as a general food substitute, not a diet drink, but I find it simple to reduce the portion size for my calorie deficit, and it usually keeps me passably satisfied until dinner, though I'm not going to lie; some days I do crash an hour or so before dinner and need a healthful pick-up (usually whatever 100 cal snacks I've prepared for the week).

I have been doing this since I started monitoring my intake, and while it is not the only factor, it does a lot to keep my weekday calories under daily limits, so it has been helpful with my loss, which is 11lbs in 6 weeks so far.
  • Tittan44
    Tittan44 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hey bud depending on your personal goals... but for me i just use protein shakes if i know i cant hit a meal.
  • Tittan44
    Tittan44 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can mix in some carb powder or ground oatmeal keeps ya full

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ohmijord wrote: »
    Do you guys drink any meal replacement shakes? I used to do Shakeology, but it's way to expensive. If you do, what kind do you drink, and does it actually keep you full and help you lose weight?

Shakeology is crap.

Make your own Soylent, it's what all the cool and smart kids do. Here, here's a place to start:
    http://diy.soylent.me/recipes/choco-drank

It costs me about $7.25 daily for the above recipe, which I formulated. I make it up for 5 days worth at a time. Full RDA, full customized macro mix. If you don't want to chew your food, this is the cat's meow.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Hi:
    I prefer to munch my calories. I believe high fiber meals are healthy. I only prepare smoothies with real fruit and add some whey protein plus almond butter. I do not use it as a replacement of any meal. Just another part of my nutrition. It is cheaper and healthier when I prepare my own.
    Good luck in your healthy journey

lulz, I love food shaming.