Some good & bad news some gross details...

Options
So the bad new first...

Ever since starting my "lifestyle change" i've been having problems in the bowel movement department. About 2 weeks ago i went to the ER after wiping tons of red blood from back there they did an exam and tested the "matter" and said everything was normal. I've also had on & off spotting for 5 weeks now which i was on my depo shot.. i am off it now. Tonight while having a BM i've been constipated also due to pain meds i wiped all red blood again.. i don't know what's going on but i need to have a follow-up.. could be a tear or something.. but it doesn't happen all the time.

Also my incision in my belly button from my gallbladder removal is infected it's draining green stuff *yuck*

Now for the Good News!!
I went for my surgeon appt to check my incision and i was in pain. While checking my BP is was amazing! It came out as 112/70 i normally run 130's/80's i was beyond happy and surprised i think the 30lb weight loss has something to do w/that.

I also called my doctor for a refill on my iron pills. I normally am supposed to take them 3x a day and i only have been taking 1x a day and some days i even skip them because i cannot remember. I have been spotting, just had surgery, and rectal bleeding yet the nurse calls me back and says my iron is pretty good and i can discontinue the iron pills and just do a multivitamin. So no more iron pills! I don't know if that's due to weight loss but i am happy because a few months ago i was anemic.

Yeah so 2 and 2 not bad i guess? I wanna try for more good news lol hoping to reverse my metabolic syndrome as well

Replies

• essbe
    essbe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yay for the good bits! :)
  • KayJayKing
    KayJayKing Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great news on the bp and the iron! 30 pounds lost takes some effort and the results are great.
    Hope all is well with your health. Take care.
  • szieres
    szieres Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I, too, was on iron pills (long story), but I stopped taking them because they caused constipation if not taken with a high fiber diet (soo hard to do with McDonalds lol)... If your pain is also in the abdomin, or any part of the digestive track, I would definetly get in to a GI dr right away. If I listened to the dr's , I'd be dead (twice), I ended up at the GI dr, and with meds, I am much better (on most days).
    Hope things get well.
    Stacy
  • susiekusie
    susiekusie Posts: 13
    Options
    Yay for the good news! :) And on the bad, just a thought.... I have bleeding sometimes, and I think it is internal hemorrhoids. They don't cause me any pain really. Hopefully your problem is something that simple.
  • lovinmamaxo
    lovinmamaxo Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Yay for the good news! :) And on the bad, just a thought.... I have bleeding sometimes, and I think it is internal hemorrhoids. They don't cause me any pain really. Hopefully your problem is something that simple.

I think so! Because sometimes it's really itchy over there and i have no pain or other symptoms when the bleeding happens.
  • susiekusie
    susiekusie Posts: 13
    Options

I think so! Because sometimes it's really itchy over there and i have no pain or other symptoms when the bleeding happens.

Same here. Hope it turns out good for you!
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I know when I was on iron pills while preggo they constipated me and it was much harder to go, although I never bled with it. Sorry I couldn't be more help!
  • marci355
    marci355 Posts: 292
    Options
    If you are taking ferrous sulfate, that is probably the source of your constipation. Horrible, horrible form of iron. Switch to ferrous gluconate or ferrous fumerate and your problem should be solved. You find these either at a Vitamin shop (Vitamin World ,Vitamin Shoppe or GNC) Ordering online is much cheaper and I order every month from www.vitacost.com. Shipping is only $4.99 no matter how big your order is. It is always cheaper to order you vitamins on-line.
    AS for you bleeding when wiping, see your doctor, although I suspect you have a hemorrhoid from straining. Been thru all of this myself, hon. Right after my gastric bypass surgery. Good luck, it will fine. Just get off that awful ferrous sulfate NOW.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Ain't that life? Taking the good with the bad. Yay for the good stuff! Hope the bad stuff gets better in a hurry!