hello! trying to lose 20 lbs.before June.

Options
hoard23r
hoard23r Posts: 60 Member
Hi I'm trying to lose 20 lbs. Before June 18th. That's my daughters graduation. Any tips or motivation. I'm also looking for motivational, upbeat friends. And I've joined a gym to get started.

Replies

• wendyba626
    Options
    Hello...welcome. i am new and also tryin to lose weight by August. Good luck!
  • LaceyRuth
    LaceyRuth Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Heyo! I track everything I can and take the extra length wherever I am. Walking up and down a hallway before entering a room and taking the stairs seriously adds up over time. Also sweat is a good friend, especially at the beginning of the journey.
    Some people find it helpful to set milestones at they get started e.g. be at X weight by X/X date. I don't know if that would help keep you on track, but it's something I have noticed.
    I've only been on MFP for about a month, but I feel like I've learned a ton here and would love to be friends and chat, if you'd like!
  • newmalik
    newmalik Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just stay focused and committed to your goal and go one day at a time good luck
  • 0600bob
    0600bob Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Hoard23r, I am 47 and last year got very serious about getting in shape. A trainer introduced me to a one month carb cycle to get things jump started and I saw great results AND more importantly (because you're beautiful with or without 20 lbs) it's not a body change that'll lead to rebound weight gain. Google it, but in short, it's a cycle of low to high carb days. On low carb days, grams of good fat are used to replace the carbs. Tomorrow is a zero day for me and I can't wait for my crunchy peanut butter:) best of luck
  • skindoc21
    Options
    Hello. I'm trying to lose 15 by June. Would love to lose more. Good luck to you :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    eat less. track everything.
  • hoard23r
    hoard23r Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks thats great info