needing help staying on track I have diabetes and Multiple Scelerois

Options
Its hard for me to stay on track when my family dont need to eat healthy. I need to to maintain myself and to be able to stay out of a wheelchair

Replies

• FemaleWarriorxo
    FemaleWarriorxo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    ammiejoe3 wrote: »
    Its hard for me to stay on track when my family dont need to eat healthy. I need to to maintain myself and to be able to stay out of a wheelchair
    I'll help you out and it would help if you kept a personal journal. Just don't fall for the temptations of food. (:
  • wils5150
    wils5150 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am type 2 Diabetic and just from regular excercise and losing 25 pounds I have stoped taking one of my pills. My co worker has MS and he lifts and runs alot says it has slowed his MS.
  • onelonelysocknoble
    onelonelysocknoble Posts: 27 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hello hello! Fellow MS'er here. Not much understanding about diabetes though... still add me and we can grumble together about motivating yourself when your body says sleep, your brain makes you make bad food decisions, cardio makes your extremities numb and even basic lunges are impossible when balance/spaticity are bad!
  • christchick7
    christchick7 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I have cerebral palsy; don't know much about MS. I can totally feel you on motivation(or sometimes lack of it), struggling with learning how not to make bad food decisions, spasticity and rigidity, etc. I know a little about diabetes since my mom had it. And I'm currently on the lowest cost tier of WW, to learn about nutrition and portions; mainly I need a structured program to teach me how to do this. Yesterday or the day before I was
    googling WW related info and found a site called Freckleberry Fit. The girl who runs it, Ashley had a page on there, "How to do Weight Watchers for free-REALLY!" It had all the info you'd need to do WW for free-the calculators, points, etc. I read your story and thought this might be helpful. I don't have a lot of answers, but I am on this journey too(since 2012) and you can FR me if you want.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Check out the Wahls Protocol by Dr. Terry Wahls. She use diet to treat her MS. She is no longer in a wheelchair as she was before she started her WOE,
  • fancyblossom83
    fancyblossom83 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi there I I would love to be friends and motivate each other. Anyone can add me. I love this community and how real and honest everyone is! It's great to see people with real struggles helping each other.