What if you exercise and eat less but no weight loss?

Options
i wonder after 7 months I only have lost 15 lbs now stuck ? What can I do to break plateau ?

Replies

• jonathonandketurah
    jonathonandketurah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to lift weights too? The more muscle you gain the quicker your body will need those calories (and not store them as fat!)
    And look at the nutrition not just eating "less" to see if you may actually need MORE of something in order for your body to let you past the plateau.
  • jonathonandketurah
    jonathonandketurah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also 15 pounds is still something to be happy about... Just keep going.
  • dudeyo
    dudeyo Posts: 4
    Options
    15 pounds is great. Keep it up! Take a look at the type of foods you're eating. Fats and alcohol have more calories than carbs and proteins. Don't cut fats out completely just moderate, those things sneak up on me. Fiber is also great for your body, fills you up and absorbs some fat from intestines. Make sure you get lots of whole grain/vegetables.

Also if you're going to the gym and plateau then you need to increase either time or intensity. Tack on another 5 min at a time or another 5-10 pounds of weight to lift at a time. Cross train by lifting weights and doing cardio on seperate days.
  • katsuakihosoda
    Options
    Sugar is your worst enemy! Cut it completely and I'm quite sure you wouldn't need to make any exercise at all. BUT it is of corse very important for your body to keep moving. So cut the sugar and start doing some cardio (power walking, running, rowing, cycling, swimming etv.) and you will see incredible results!
  • Noonoo91
    Noonoo91 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You might not be eating enough! You have to eat to lose weight otherwise if you don't then your body will store the food you do eat