Planet fitness

they just opened one in town and I've been going for about 8 days and I've never felt better. Love this place

Replies

• FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    I do too!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Hey, congrats! There's a LOT of hate on here for PF. My belief is: get what you can get out of the experience. if it works for you, GREAT, if /when it stops working for you, find something that does. Lather, rinse, repeat. Congrats on finding something you like! And good luck!
  • spartan_d
    spartan_d Posts: 727 Member
    You can get results there, but probably not optimal results. I think it's important to know what you're getting into.

http://www.t-nation.com/opinion/planet-fitness-nightmare

Sabine_Stroehm is right to say that if you do belong, you should try to get what you can out of the experience. Just know that their policies will significantly limit the progress that you can make.
  • tbynum74
    tbynum74 Posts: 1 Member
    The Planet Fitness good gym, bad gym controversy is amusing to me. It really doesn’t matter where you workout, as long as you’re being active. Yes, the idea of offering pizza and bagels to the gym members is baffling. But as I understand it, they aren’t forcing people to eat it.
  • 0600bob
    0600bob Posts: 19 Member
    I've been a member of Anytime, Fitness XPress, Snap Fitness, and most recently planet fitness. I have been in a ton of "meat head" gyms and love them, but gotta say that whole judgement free thing is nice. Everybody is very respectful. Not as much drama. I just hate that damn siren (I've set it off a few times). Old habits...
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    I love Planet Fitness. The arc trainer machines alone make it worth my monthly membership.