Newbie needing encouragement!

Options
Hi all! I'm from South Dakota but I live in China. My first year in China I gained 30 lbs... and I'm really struggling to lose it. I thought I'd try this out and see if it will help. Eating in China is hard because their main source of food is either rice or noodles...everything else is heavily coated in oil or is deep fried so I try to cook a lot. I love to cook so if you have any recipes you're willing to share I'd greatly appreciate them! Thanks!

Replies

• SpiritsRayne
    Options
    Hi, my name is Lauren from North Carolina. Living in China must be exciting but yeah rice and noodles are not the best foods for your waist line! I like to do a lot of simple stir-fries and fajita style dishes. Lots of meat and veges with little carbs and high protein. I'm also trying to learn to eat more tuna, usually with a green salad. I've lost almost 60 lbs since joining back in 2012 :smiley: We all need encouragement and it's a lifestyle change not a simple diet! Good luck to you.
  • a_marie52
    a_marie52 Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey Lauren! Thanks! Great minds think alike because fajita type stir fries are always my go-to! It's nice to get some different flavors and avoid the MSG in the Chinese food. I LOVE carbs but I will do my best to avoid them. :p Thanks for your advice and encouragement! Congratulations on your weight loss! Keep it up!!!!!