"Empty Calories"....be careful you dont OD on them!

Options
Hey everyone.....I just wanted to shout out and remind you guys not to eat a ton of "empty calories" just to meet your caloric needs for the day....I have seen this and it scares me.....weight loss isnt just about shedding FAT its about taking care of our bodies and being HEALTHY....You should be eating healthy stuff such as vegetables,fruit,lean meats, nuts, seeds and whole grains.....eating a yogurt for breakfast and a small salad for lunch with a soda just isnt going to cut it.....it may cut down your waist line but its gonna kill your body! PLEASE educate yourself on how to eat properly if you dont know what to eat and take care of your bodies!!!
I hope everyone is successful at their weight loss challenges but more importantly that they are doing it properly....there is such a thing as ruining your metabolism and not getting it back to normal..... EAT YOUR VEGGIES!!!!!

Replies

• jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Oh I so agree. I will not say anymore well done to friends who keep under their calories but eat junk regularly. I prefer to make recommendations to what they could have. Like it or not. And I also want the same back. Don't enable me and say its good when its not.
  • fitcrew
    fitcrew Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    SORRY I forgot to mention Empty Cals are such things as chips,soda,sweets etc.....stuff that doesnt have any real nutrition value :) In my post when I mentioned eating just a yogurt and salad I was referring to not giving our bodies enough nutrition :)
  • StudentLeah
    Options
    I hate to admit this.. But thank you.. I needed to hear it.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I agree for me personally. But some people just want to lose weight and don't care about overall health, if that's all they want right now more power to them. I lost weight in the past eating nothing but junk food and drinking like a fish but I was exercising a lot. Gained it back when I quit exercising, but I was happy losing weight and still getting to eat/drink however I wanted.
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    Options
    I found your post helpful - thank you. While I'm not new to exercise, I've never paid enough attention to my diet. The prospect of logging everything I eat really scares me - and I'm realizing that even though I am well below my allotted daily calories, I'm not necessarily eating a well balanced diet. I'm going to make it a point to educate myself more - so thanks again.
  • fitcrew
    fitcrew Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You guys are very welcome!!!!! Eating the right food is more than 80% of weight loss if I am remembering the numbers correctly (not 100% sure on that)...in other words its extremely important to FUEL correctly!!!!!