Heart Rate!!

Options
I wear a HRM and today I was on the tredmill and my HR got up to 192 and stayed about 180-192 I was running faster then normal but loved the push. I usually try to stay between 150-160. I know 190 is my max but is it dangrous to stay this high for long periods during my workout?

Replies

• lilbabe09
    lilbabe09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump, ive wondered this too
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    also curious!
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can train at or above your max HR. It is suggested that you don't stay there long, especially if you are not fit. You will burn the most calories in the 90-100 percent range, but it is really intense.
  • bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options
    as far as i can tell by research as long as your listening to your body and have no previous heart conditions your heart should be in good shape to take such a workout. many elite atheletes do this on a routine basis and they seem to do ok. but if you are still concered i would suggest consulting with a doctor to get a better idea of what heart rate is good for you. just a thought :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    There shouldn't be anything wrong with it! As you continue the intense workouts and become more fit, your HR won't get as high with each work out.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Your max heart rate is merely an estimate. There is some variability and unless you have had it determined in an exercise test, you really don't know what it is.
  • k1082
    k1082 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am going to continue pushing my workout but will try to not let my heart rate stay to high for long!