katrinapri
katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
opt7ujsub882.jpg

8 small square wonton wrappers*
1 cup dry coleslaw mix
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 large shredded skinless chicken breast
2 tablespoons BBQ sauce with about 45 calories per 2-tablespoon serving

*Often stocked near the tofu in the refrigerated section of the market.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
To make the wonton shells, spray the inside and outside walls of a deep square or rectangular baking pan with nonstick spray. Evenly drape the wonton wrappers over the pan's walls on a diagonal, making triangle-shaped "shells." (Use two pans, if needed, to keep the wontons from overlapping.) Bake them until just crispy enough to hold their shape, about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, but leave the oven on. Carefully remove the shells and gently open them to form " tacos ." Set aside. In another bowl, combine cooked chicken with BBQ sauce; mix well and set aside.
Evenly distribute the BBQ chicken among the shells, followed by the slaw, about 1 tablespoon of each per shell. Lay the filled wontons gently on their sides on the baking sheet. Too with cole slaw mix and cilantro. You can also fry the shells if you like. Let them cool slightly and serve!
PER SERVING (4 wonton tacos): 168 calories, 1g fat, 23g carbs, 14.5g protein
*as I always say this is just a guide you can alter it in anyway you like

Replies

• littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    They look yummy. I want to start using wonton wrappers. I saw Hungry Girl make "crab rangoon" today. I've seen individual lasagnas made with them, too.
  • jar819
    jar819 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious!! Thanks for sharing
  • misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    yum! I have some of these wrappers in my freezer & have been wondering what to do with them. Might try this out :)
  • DeeNyceRN
    DeeNyceRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I can not wait to make this!
  • yelandaking713
    yelandaking713 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I'm going to try these very soon!
  • Ice_Arrows
    Ice_Arrows Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious! On the menu for next month =D
  • katrinapri
    katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You guys are very welcome! I hope you like them. I have a asian wonton taco recipie also. They are so versatile, you can do many things with them.
  • musclemeliss
    musclemeliss Posts: 11 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't eat meat but often substitute. Anyway, the recipes you post are the best!
  • mamaof3grlz
    Options
    Would you mind posting the Asian wonton taco recipe too please?!