Share your "unusual" recipes, please!

Options
ynattirbepop
ynattirbepop Posts: 5 Member
I find that many calls for recipes on MFP yield the same answers. And while these recipes are GREAT, I already use most of them, and I’m looking for something to experiment with, as cooking has become a hobby for me.
  • Easy crockpot meal? Salsa chicken, pulled pork
  • Easy breakfast? Oatmeal, omelet, Greek yogurt and fruit
  • Lunch? Leftovers, duh. :)

What recipes do you know of that are different from the ones we most frequently see on MFP? They don’t necessarily have to be totally out-of-this-world, but maybe you add a twist to a more common recipe.

I’ll give an example of my own.

I really don’t have a name for this, but I make a sort of “black bean burger stir fry.” Let me explain…

I modify these black bean burger patties from skinnytaste.com and freeze them until I’m ready to use them. I customize them based on veggies I have on hand. http://skinnytaste.com/2012/06/spicy-black-bean-burgers-with-chipotle.html

When I’m ready to make the stir fry (again, totally customizable)…I cook two patties in the oven per the skinnytaste instructions (I make enough for lunch the next day). Then…
  • Sauté one medium zucchini (chopped) in a skillet with olive oil. (Or any other veggies you desire).
  • Once the black bean burger patties are fully cooked, cut them up into bite-sized pieces,
  • Once the zucchini (or other veggies) are soft, pour some no salt added tomato sauce over them (8-16 oz). Also add a bunch of baby spinach to this mix (or kale!).
  • Once the spinach starts to wilt, add the black bean burger.
  • Split into servings and serve.

Replies