This is new

Options
kallen4u
kallen4u Posts: 1 Member
My daughter thinks I need to be more social in general but in particulair about my weightloss and instructed me to post up, so this is me listening to her. (I have never tried a support group!) She says I'm always giving advice (usually helpful) and that I might actually be a benefit to this community while gaining friends and advice along the way.

Replies

• monoxidechick
    monoxidechick Posts: 339
    Options
    welcome to the community
  • StudentLeah
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too! It never hurts to be more social!
  • adristory
    adristory Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Agree. Request sent
  • whitscalcount
    Options
    Yay! I am so proud of u!!! Now add some friends and ur on ur way!!! Love you
  • durhamity
    durhamity Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    been here 2 weeks and have found so much support! everyone really is so encouraging. feel free to add me.
  • DustinReiner
    DustinReiner Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi there Kallen,

Welcome to the group. You daughter might be right, you might be a nurse but dieting takes some work!! It’s just not as cut and dry as medicine.(For the most part).

I’ve been on here for just under a month, or so. If you socialize you get a lot of tips, even as a nurse you don’t know all of the tricks of the trade to losing weight. Being a nurse and being on your feet and walking a lot you have an immediate exercise advantage. You should wear a pedometer someday to work to see how far you actually walk.

Good luck in your goals! See you around.

4822665.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • sarah8685
    sarah8685 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey, Im rather new too! Sometimes dieting is hard to stay focused, more so when you dont have support of others in your shoes!! But im a nurse too and by no means does that mean we are always fit and eating right.! I started because a bunch of people at work are trying to lose weight and a few are on here and had great results so far! So good luck to everyone- I know I will need it back!