Flabby fat that gets cold when working out

Options
I have noticed that my extra fat I'm carrying (flabby one) especially around my lower belly and love handles gets really cold when I work out, especially high intensity cardio. Everywhere else on my body is so warm and I'm sweating so much!

I have googled and seen some other people were asking the same question but I haven't got to the clear answer as to why this happens.

I'm thinking that the flabby fat (subcutaneous fat) has a harder time getting blood circulation going and this is the reason why those areas are the hardest to get rid of? Has anyone had the same thing happened?

If the above is true, would warming up the area (getting better blood circulation) be the answer to speed up the fat reduction?? :\ Maybe that is why some people use those tummy trimmer belt things to get extra sweaty on the belly? (Not that I would try though...)
Any thoughts? ;)

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I think you might be overthinking it

Keep up the calorie defecit and the exercise
  • YanskaNY
    YanskaNY Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    The fact that your body is cold during a workout just means you should perhaps wear another layer of clothing so that you are more comfortable. It will not speed up fat loss in those areas because you cannot spot reduce fat. Your body burns fat from the inside out and you cannot direct it to pull fat cells from any specific part of you. The idea is to do your workout and just fire up your body's fat-burning engine and let it do its job.
  • TillyNix
    TillyNix Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I think when working out your blood flows where you need it (in your muscles).
  • sweetaj
    sweetaj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have no answers, but I do notice the same thing? !
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

This.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    TillyNix wrote: »

Yup and fat isn't a great place for blood to circulate
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Agree
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    TillyNix wrote: »

This. Fat has poor circulation. The blood is pumped to your muscles, lungs and brain during exercise. Some people notice that their hands or feet are cold when they finish a workout. It's simply conservation of blood for necessary movement (part of the flight or fight response).
  • profilce
    profilce Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I heard having a cold stomach during a workout means you are burning calories.

I heard the same thing x
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,159 Member
    Options
    Amyaya wrote: »
    I have noticed that my extra fat I'm carrying (flabby one) especially around my lower belly and love handles gets really cold when I work out, especially high intensity cardio. Everywhere else on my body is so warm and I'm sweating so much!

I have googled and seen some other people were asking the same question but I haven't got to the clear answer as to why this happens.

I'm thinking that the flabby fat (subcutaneous fat) has a harder time getting blood circulation going and this is the reason why those areas are the hardest to get rid of? Has anyone had the same thing happened?

If the above is true, would warming up the area (getting better blood circulation) be the answer to speed up the fat reduction?? :\ Maybe that is why some people use those tummy trimmer belt things to get extra sweaty on the belly? (Not that I would try though...)
    Any thoughts? ;)
    You are right flabby fat and actually all stubborn fat have less blood circulation. Warming doesn't help by HIIT over sustained period helps. Google for Lyle McDonald Stubborn fat solution.
  • krysmuree
    krysmuree Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It happens to me too, and it has nothing to do with how many layers I have. I figured it was circulation, myself.
  • TheEats
    TheEats Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    As others have said, it is because blood goes to where it is needed. No known benefits to heating up your fat to spot reduce...