Calorie intake to high?

Options
Does anyone feel that the daily allowance of calories for your goals that the calculator gives you is to high? Also, does it seem as if the protein allowance is way to low?

Replies

• ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    Protein is on the lower end of what is recommended by health experts.

But actually, the cal levels are low for many people. I see that way more than too high. But at any rate, the calorie goals are calculated using a very common, respected and accurate formula for estimating BMR and activity level (Mifflin-St Jeor equation).
  • bigredhearts
    bigredhearts Posts: 428
    Options
    you can alter your ratios by going to your goals and customizing them :)
  • Larode
    Larode Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm having trouble eating all the calories, but I agree that the protein is a little low if you are exercising. I am closing to 90-100 gms per day but I'm a lap swimmier and that burns a lot....
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I think MY calories are right- not sure about other peoples', but you should have .54-1 gram of protein for each pound you weigh (use your target weight to calculate this if you are trying to lose weight).
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I agree with the protein being to low. I don't really pay attention to how much protein I take in. I'm never over by too much.
  • paulasue75
    paulasue75 Posts: 9
    Options
    i definately agree the protein is too low. if i don't eat enough for me i am starving all day! so...i just stick to the fat/calories suggestion and don't worry about the protein suggestion. i've lost 12lbs in 6 weeks.
  • Danahimself
    Danahimself Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I feel the protein is adequate and have seen great results using its current figures. However the reduction in your overall calories is to me, essential to weight loss for a moderate to fast pace. Such a great benefit in a reduction alone, I have discovered as of late. I tend to go over in sugars though, which seems to be a burden in American food. So, yes I do feel this 2k diet is not needed for everyone as with it substantial exercise is needed and is certainly do able for me yet I now do less of the weekly calories burned requirements as opposed to not eating as much.

Peace