Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Sorry I like to chew all the food!
  • RainyNikolova
    RainyNikolova Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yeah me too. But I'm think of giving it a try and I don't know how to decide
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Yeah me too. But I'm think of giving it a try and I don't know how to decide

Is a caloric deficit not working?
  • RainyNikolova
    Options
    It's working, but I'm getting a bit bored. Plus it'll save time. I guess if it doesn't work I can always go back to what I'm doing now
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    It's working, but I'm getting a bit bored. Plus it'll save time. I guess if it doesn't work I can always go back to what I'm doing now
    Saving time can occasionally be a valid reason for a meal replacement shake.
    But since you can't keep it up the rest of your life, don't rely on it as the way you're going to lose weight.
    Learn how to eat healthy foods in reasonable portions & exercise nearly every day.

And for the same amount of calories, your body "pays attention" (for lack of a better term) to the solid ones better. For some reason, liquid calories don't register the same feeling of fullness & satiety.

But as long as you're eating fewer calories than you're burning, you will lose weight.
  • DorisBakes
    DorisBakes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I bought a tub. Chocolate flavor. It was tasty enough, not horrible. But, I could taste the artificial sweetener - it was overpowering. And it wasn't a weird texture. The price per shake was great compared to others. I haven't kept up w it bc if the artificial sweetener. I gave them up soon after buying Ideal Shape.
  • RainyNikolova
    Options
    Thank you both
  • RainyNikolova
    Options
    Maybe doing what I'm doing now is better in the long run...thanks
  • missemmapeel
    missemmapeel Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like a post-weightlifting shake or I get shaky ;)

I've tried all sorts of whey protein; isolate is better than concentrate (for protein quality). My favourite is Kaizen whey, vanilla ice cream flavour.

I mix it with chocolate milk and half a banana, or coconut water and raspberries or blueberries if I can't afford the calories.

Good luck!
  • RainyNikolova
    Options
    I was thinking for either before or after work out....so hard to decide. Thanks
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I have one every morning for breakfast. U can check my food diary I find ways to change them up to suit my tastes!
  • romade188
    romade188 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I just started using the chocolate shake and the strawberry shake. The strawberry is pretty yummy on its own, the chocolate needs a little help with some pb2 or something. I'm a snob with tasting artificial sweeteners, and I really don't taste it in them surprisingly. So far it has really be helping me curb my hunger, so that's a plus. I'm actually struggling to eat enough during the day, which is pretty crazy for me. Either way it's up to you if you want to give it a shot, it's definitely a good grab and go alternative, or pre/post workout shake.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    has anyone tried it?
    Negs, not very well made product. I use a diy soylent when I'm on the stuff, let's you control for quality amongst other things.