Protein bars

Options

Replies

• sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    It's not a true protein bar, but Nature Valley protein bars are dirt cheap, taste good and have very good macros: about 10 - 15 grams each of carbs, fat and protein for 180 cals.
  • M0nay07
    M0nay07 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Powercrunch
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered the quest bars as well and have been eating one most days for the last week or so but I've found they are making me constipated!!! No more for me.
  • MiltonAFC
    MiltonAFC Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Quest bars and pure protein are my favorites.

I am planning on making my own quest style protein bars soon though. Just need to order vita fiber.
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i make my own, cheaper by far

Hey, what ingredients do you use to make your own?
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Quest, Pure Protein, and Oh Yea!

Quest is the best, for the simple fact I can make cookies from each bar.

Microwave bar for 15-20 seconds
    Cut in half
    Roll out into two flat cookie shapes
    Bake at 450 for 5 mins..... and you have two cookies :)
  • Sixtine79
    Sixtine79 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I love ThinkThink Chunky Peanut Butter. I either have them for breakfast or as a snack in the afternoon if I work out in the evening. They taste fantastic and have no sugar.
  • ams4jc
    ams4jc Posts: 8
    Options
    Where do you all get your protein bars? At health food stores or local stores like CVS or Walmart?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ams4jc wrote: »
    Where do you all get your protein bars? At health food stores or local stores like CVS or Walmart?

GNC or grocery stores/some small bodegas.
  • arlington21
    arlington21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like the peanut butter pure protein bars
  • arditarose
    Options
    thoyle2015 wrote: »
    what is your favorite protein bar? Do you use it as a meal? Or snack? I love Luna protein cookie dough bars. Looking for non nut suggestions

12 grams of protein and 170 calories? Sad. Have you tried the Quest cookie dough? 20 grams of protein for 190.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Quest raspberry cheesecake is amazing. But quest bars can be hard to find sometimes depending on where you live. I also really like Luna bars in lemon zest and mint chocolate flavor.

Yea it is!! And the new S'mores one too.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    ams4jc wrote: »

GNC, NutriShop, VitaminShoppe, etc. I would say anywhere you can buy weight lifting supplements will have the higher quality ones. Beware though, there are so many that are really just garbage...
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Amazon Prime for Quest bars
  • thoyle2015
    thoyle2015 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    what is your favorite protein bar? Do you use it as a meal? Or snack? I love Luna protein cookie dough bars. Looking for non nut suggestions

12 grams of protein and 170 calories? Sad. Have you tried the Quest cookie dough? 20 grams of protein for 190.

I've looked everywhere for quest bars but I can't seem to find them. I'll have to look at GNC
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm looking into protein bars, but it seems most of them have either chicory root (which can cause bad bloating and gas in some people) or artificial sweeteners. They would be really convenient for days when I'm away from home.
  • 29_adjacent
    29_adjacent Posts: 104 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I had heard so much about these Quest bars... Managed to find them in a health food shop here, paid an extortionate £2.50 for it... GROSS! Like chewing on a pencil eraser. I just don't get it.

Anyway... I DO like the Nature Valley protein bars - pumpkin/sunflower seed ones and also peanut/chocolate. Yum! I had one today in fact.

eta: And I just realised you asked for non-nut suggestions so you can go ahead and ignore me haha (even the pumpkin/sunflower seed one also has peanuts!)...
  • EvelynR1967
    EvelynR1967 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    HAnds down, Quest BArs are the best followed by Pure Protein. Both have high protein & low sugar......
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love Luna bars too. They're not as high in protein as some other bars for the calories, but to me they taste miles better than any other bar, and I don't really have a problem hitting my protein macro on a weekly basis with or without them. Woodman's has them for 99 cents in my area, so they're affordable as well.

I use them as a snack, in place of less filling options when I'm looking for something sweet between meals or before bed.

I can't really get why they seem to be marketed exclusively towards women, though.
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I've looked everywhere for quest bars but I can't seem to find them. I'll have to look at GNC

Yeah, if you have a GNC they'll have them.