To weight or to not weight ?

Options
9hma1
9hma1 Posts: 9 Member
Hey everyone ! I havnt weighed myself for a couple of years now , I'd lost a lot of weight about a year ago and noticed it in my cloths. I'm not sure if weighing myself regularly would discourage me from my goal especially if I don't see any changes , some advice would be great.

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    No one can answer that, only you can. I can weigh myself daily, sometimes more than once a day because I am interested in what affects my weight and minor fluctuations don't bother me.
    Other people find it very discouraging to weigh regularly and not seeing movement or seeing the upward fluctutations.
    It is all dependant on you.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    You may want to weigh yourself to see where you are at and give you an idea of your goal. I try to weigh in weekly and sometimes less than that. I prefer to use inches lost as a measurement of reaching my goals versus what the scale says because there are times when you will gain weight but lose inches. Definitely use the fit of your clothes to see a difference as well because it can be a HUGE motivator to keep working towards your goals.
  • natalie_bailey
    natalie_bailey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's a tough one. Personally I weigh myself every Monday morning. I find it encouraging if I have lost a little weight, or even if I have stayed the same at least i've not gained anything, right? If you have gained a pound of two, it gives you the kick up the bum you need to resume back to your healthy eating. Some people find my regular weighing obsessive, but it's what works for me. If you don't want to weight yourself every week you could do it every month and just input your weight into myfitnesspal to keep track and work towards your goal.
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    As others have already said, it depends. Some people find it motivational to weigh themselves regularly and others don't. I personally don't like to. It's discouraging for me. I'll weigh myself once or twice a month and that's it. I guess all you can do it try it out and see how it makes you feel.