Cook books

Options
mpeters1965
mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
Do you guys have a favorite go-to cookbook? Mine used to be the Betty Crocker cookbook my mother gave me when I moved out 30 years ago but it is not the most calorie conscious thing out there! Then for years I had some Weight Watchers cookbooks but the ratio of recipes we used to total seemed too low so when I was cleaning house a few years ago, I got rid of the books and only kept the few recipes I liked. (I kept Betty Crocker for sentimental value) My current one is "Snack Girl to the Rescue". I have been able to make quite a few recipes from there and the husband even likes most of them. She has a good blog, too, which is where I started finding some of her recipes.

Any other suggestions? I don't want to have a ton of cookbooks but sometimes flipping through the pages rather than looking on the internet is my best way to find something.

Thanks!

Replies

• panshee
    panshee Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The Skinny Taste cookbook is excellent! Tasty, health recipes and beautiful pictures!
  • DeeNyceRN
    DeeNyceRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I recently bought: Dashing Dish Cookbook by: Katie Farrell. 100 Simple and Delicious recipes for clean eating. All of the recipes I have tried are very flavorful and low cal. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this cookbook. Katie also has a website that has some free and members only (You pay $5.00/month) for a membership) recipes on her website.
    www.dashingdish.com
  • mkleesp
    mkleesp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Second on the The Skinnytaste Cookbook! I love every single recipe I've made so far.
  • mpeters1965
    Options
    Thanks! I just made a Skinnytaste recipe recently. It was chicken pot pie soup and it was quite good. I'll take a look at both suggestions.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Barnes and noble had an offer a few months ago on a Good Housekeeping Cookbook. The cookbook was normally $19.95, with any purchase it was $9.95. It is filled with healthy, filling, delicious recipes. Some of the servings are huge.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Third on the Skinny Taste cook book ! I display it on my kitchen counter on a cook book holder.
    My DIL really enjoyed it while visiting so I got her a copy as well. Great photos and recipes.
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    "100 Days of Real Food" cookbook has been my go-to lately.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I have a good one. It's called eat great lose weight. I have liked most of the meals I have tried so far.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Sorry. By Jane Kirby.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Feel Good Food by Giada de Laurentis
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    The Shredded Chef by Mike Matthews.

Chocolate Covered Katie just put one out too. I've really enjoyed making her treats.
  • mpeters1965
    Options
    Thanks for the further suggestions. I checked out Skinnytaste from the library so I could give it a once over. I'll add the rest to my list. The only problem with reading through cookbooks is I have to do it after dinner or I end up way too hungry!!