When You Go To the Gym, Do You Become Antisocial like Me??? (Read)

Options
ScorpioJack_91
ScorpioJack_91 Posts: 5,241 Member
edited March 2015 in Chit-Chat
When you go to the gym, after taking your preworkout and you're hyped up and when you're listening to your music on your phone or IPod, you become even more hyped up and when you get to your first machine or free weight of the day, you take it on like a gym savage. You're in such a badass mood that you don't want to talk to anyone or that no one else exists in your badass world of badassery.

What I'm trying to say is: doesn't everyone else get antisocial like me while at the gym??? I'm willing to talk to people for 2 minutes between my sets and give advice if they want me to or help spot them but for the love of God...please don't talk to me for 5-15 minutes at a time. No offense but I don't want to hear your whole life story. I don't care. Only a few exceptions were a guy I knew from high school, a couple of my friends and a woman that worked at the gym I go that I asked for her number one time.

As far as I'm concerned, the gym is not a bar, it's a place to make gains. It's gotten to the point where I had to tell several people; men and women, that I was going back to my workout and to talk to me later in a non-*kitten* way. Anyone else had experiences like these?

Replies

• pennyks88
    pennyks88 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm an introverted person anyway, so I really don't want to talk to people while I'm sweating my face off. Usually with my headphones in, I'm left alone, but there's always that one middle-aged guy that just tries so hard to start a conversation... No!
  • ScorpioJack_91
    Options
    pennyks88 wrote: »
    I'm an introverted person anyway, so I really don't want to talk to people while I'm sweating my face off. Usually with my headphones in, I'm left alone, but there's always that one middle-aged guy that just tries so hard to start a conversation... No!

Lol
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    all systems to shields
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    for the love of everything holy please dont talk to me. and that pretty much applies anywhere. LOL

im social and friendly enough but i have to be in the mood. jut because i smile and nod (out of politeness) - its not an invitation for conversation!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Nope I know a few people and talk to them, but soemtimes become too social and spend too much time talking. I prefer to go and just get my workout done. The best feeling is leaving having done what I needed to do. If anyone askd advice though Id be more than happy to help and take whatever time was needed to assist.
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Part of the reason I don't go to the gym. I like to talk pretty much wherever I am. Even on the ice in the middle of a program in the middle of a competition I'll be talking. I am not the norm. It's just my way of dealing with things
  • ScorpioJack_91
    Options
    Ok tough boy, what else whould you like to share

I hate Hello Kitty.....0_0. Come at me bro o.o

• enemyger
    enemyger Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I avoid everyone or act like I don't see them, works good so far...
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Lol, I used to workout at 3am, just to avoid people :) ... now we do not have a 24-hr gym around I have invested in my own gym, which I luv ... I do not need to talk, and can sing out loud (I am a horrible singer) without anyone complaining :wink:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't sit around and chat while I'm at the gym, but I'm not anti-social either...I have met a lot of great fitness friends at the gym and we hook up later and go for rides, hikes, etc.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I'm social enough at the gym, but I've never had anyone try to have a fifteen minute conversation with me while I'm working out. Who does that?
  • ScorpioJack_91
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I don't sit around and chat while I'm at the gym, but I'm not anti-social either...I have met a lot of great fitness friends at the gym and we hook up later and go for rides, hikes, etc.

Yeah...having friends in the fitness community is pretty cool. Same interests and goals you know?

• ScorpioJack_91
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm social enough at the gym, but I've never had anyone try to have a fifteen minute conversation with me while I'm working out. Who does that?

LOL.....you be surprised......the 15 minute was an exaggeration but I would say at least 6 minutes at most.

• ScorpioJack_91
    Options

Who ever does that he must make sure to not interupt mister blackscorpion91

That's right man! 0_0

• Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I am a bit shy and i'm the opposite of you. i wish people WOULD talk to me because i need some new friends with similar goals to mine.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    I am a bit shy and i'm the opposite of you. i wish people WOULD talk to me because i need some new friends with similar goals to mine.

I think one of the reasons is that people can take offence if you say anything or they might be related to Black Scorpion. Classes can be a good way to make friends or just smiling.
  • ScorpioJack_91
    edited March 2015
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    jazmin220 wrote: »

I think one of the reasons is that people can take offence if you say anything or they might be related to Black Scorpion. Classes can be a good way to make friends or just smiling.

Funny thing is at the community college I go to, almost none of my classes I made any friends in except for like one I think? Not because I'm really antisocial or an introvert (I'm actually an ambivert). It's just everyone else didn't become friends with each other when I was in class with them. All we did was chat with each other for a short period of time and did our own thing. Most of the time, we were there just to pass the class, not make new friends. But hey...if I make new friends anyway, that's fine with me.

Good idea but make sure you're doing it at an university, community, most chances you're not going to see that person again lol
  • IllBeBack1Day
    IllBeBack1Day Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    The only thing i am when i workout is Anti-Inconsiderate ppl that think they are the only one in the whole efin gym !
  • IllBeBack1Day
    IllBeBack1Day Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    armgyo wrote: »
    The only thing i am when i workout is Anti-Inconsiderate ppl that think they are the only one in the whole efin gym !

Leave weights everywhere ,don't wipe benches.etc
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    Talk as little or as much as you want, then say, "Gotta do my next set...". Then turn around and walk away. Duh! Problem solved.