Hello! I'm fat.

Options
EricYourFat
EricYourFat Posts: 2
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
Im 19, sick of being fat (obese), and am really excited about using this app. I recently purchased a treadmill (haven't used it yet) and a buddy have me some 5lb weights (used a little) but after hearing about this app on Yik Yak I am very excited about getting started. As long as I can remember I have been ashamed of my weight, and starting tomorrow, I plan to loose as much weight as possible. See you guys on the other side.

Replies

• palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Don't be ashamed of your body. You just got a little extra fat to work on. With all the things that can go wrong with one's body this is nothing. At your age you win fix this little problem in no time at all.
  • EricYourFat
    Options
    palwithme wrote: »
    Don't be ashamed of your body. You just got a little extra fat to work on. With all the things that can go wrong with one's body this is nothing. At your age you win fix this little problem in no time at all.

Thanks:) I know it's dumb to be ashamed of your body, but after years of looking like this, it gets tiring. I'm glad to see such a friendly community here.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm also fat (pics of my fatness on my profile), and my damn knees hurt. Welcome aboard!
  • pili90
    pili90 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Congrats for choosing to do this! Soon enough fat, and the embarrasment it implies, will go away and you'll be proud of yourself! Good luck!
  • russelltiara
    russelltiara Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • PacificLotus
    PacificLotus Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Eric. Good on you for doing this while you're young! Feel free to add me.
  • Opah33
    Opah33 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lets do it!!! have fun doing it & you'll do great. Even if you end up taking a step back, you can always pick right back up and continue.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Eric, welcome to MFP. I hope you can also recognize valuable things within yourself to define who you are rather than just your body shape/size. This can be a long process and there may be times you feel like giving up, don't. Most importantly keep in mind:
    s3f980963itr.jpg
    fat.jpg 16.8K
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm obese too! I'm closer to being overweight. 0.6 less BMI and I'm down to overweight. You can do it. :smile:
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Get on it! Enjoy the process. It's a great struggle to overcome. Good luck!
  • gpstreet
    gpstreet Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Welcome Eric !! It is going to be a touch journey but don:t give up mate. Imagine climbing up a hill. It is hard work but just think of the view when you get to the top.