Filling and easy breakfast on the go ideas!

Options
weatherfordqt
weatherfordqt Posts: 1 Member
Please help!! I need something easy but filling for breakfast. I don't have long to spare to make something. ;-(

Replies

• top_mom
    top_mom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I enjoy low fat Greek yogurt with 1/2 serving of kashi go lean crunch.. Tasty crunchy filling and portable!
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I prep the night before, b/c I have no time in the mornings. My usual go to is 6 tbsp egg beaters (50 cal), microwaved on a toasted light english muffin or light bread (80-100 calories). Sometimes I add a slice of canadien bacon (20 cal) or ff sliced cheese or laughing cow cheese (30-35 cal) (or both ). I put it together the night before (10 minutes) then wrap it up & reheat at work. If you like to eat before you leave, reheating takes 1-2 minutes, & then go.
    I prefer low or fat free products, but you certainly can use light or full fat versions.
  • Nati_Jean
    Nati_Jean Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cook oatmeal with an egg in it.
    Greek yogurt w fruit and nuts mixed in
    Make breakfast burritos ahead
    Muffin (I have carrot apple whole wheat in the freezer right now) and a hard boiled egg.

I feel your pain. I'm a mom with a 1st grader and a preschooler and a demanding career. Mornings are tight.
  • butbygrace206
    butbygrace206 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Rub the inside of a coffee cup with coconut oil. Add an egg, or egg whites, mushrooms, green peppers, turkey sausage crumbles and nuke for 1 1/2 min. Toss on some shredded cheese. Grab and run :)
  • saraelizaphant
    saraelizaphant Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If you ever have some time for prep, I suggest:

-muffins
    -breakfast burritos
    -baked oatmeal

Muffins freeze very well and, surprisingly, you can eat them straight out of the freezer or let them sit. Breakfast burritos freeze well, too, and typically pack a lot of protein. Baked oatmeal is easy but does take 45-60 minutes to bake. There are so many variations, you can bake a lot of it, and it lasts several days. Also, oatmeal cooked with the best apple juice you can get is so delicious!

Other ideas:
    Any convenient type of fruit with granola bars, nuts, cubed cheese, yogurt and/or hard boiled eggs. Breakfast smoothies. Sometimes I toast a slice of bread and throw whatever I have on it, like tomato/avocado, peanut butter/cinnamon/honey or seriously, mustard/lunchmeat/lettuce and fold it over. Earlier this week, I ate a salad for breakfast, because I was low on time and had a mix prepared.
  • TishaO2
    TishaO2 Posts: 3
    Options
    Quest Bars are great for me for the Premier Protein shakes from Costco. Both are high in protein and low in sugar so you don't feel the crash.
  • Rlavigne93
    Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Kashi go lean with almond milk with an apple or clementine usually. Sometimes I'll load up the blender for a smoothie the night before and stick it in the fridge. Just have to pop it on the base and blend in the morning!
  • BeenishFatima
    Options
    I usually take Whole wheat cereal with milk
    Or

Fried eggs (with salt and black paper) with slice and cup of tea.
  • ksmi141
    ksmi141 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I like to make breakfast couscous. It's just coucous, coconut milk [or any milk], chopped dried fruits and nuts, cinnamon, and a little brown sugar. Takes like 5 minutes to chop up and toss everything together, 10 min of "sitting". It would be super easy to make this real quick in the morning. Personally, I'll take that extra 15 minutes to sleep, thank you. So, the couscous can also be done real quick the night before. I also throw in a half tsp of butter in the morn, but that's just me.
  • ktr777
    ktr777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love all of my fellow egg lovers. This is my breakfast when I double shift between two full time jobs.

Small microwaveable bowl.
    3 large eggs whisked and then microwaved for 3 minutes.
    single slice of lean deli turkey, roughly half an oz
    Tablespoon of sour cream
    all between two slices of bread
    (I add a couple squirts of sriracha for heat and flavor)
    Should clock in around the 340-400 calorie range, and it is a sandwich made in 5 minutes or less. Also easy to wrap in foil and carry out the door.
  • attemptingfierce
    attemptingfierce Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Do you have three minutes in the morning? You have time for oatmeal. I get old fashioned oats. 1/2 a cup oats to 1 cup water, microwave for 3 minutes, add some toppings nad you're good to go.

I do peanut/almond butter & banana most of the time.
  • Nessa489
    Nessa489 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Granola bar (watch the sugar/corn syrup content though)
    Grapes/apples/oranges are a great filling breakfast
    Freeze scrambled egg burritos and reheat to go
    Poached egg in microwave (plastic wrap over coffee cup, egg over plastic wrap, microwave 1-2 min) - wrap in piece of bread with ketchup, yum! :smile:
    Peanut butter (or pb2) sandwich on deli thin bread
    I'm not an oatmeal fan, but even overnight oatmeal...let sit with whatever fillings and ready to go in the morn
    And, if you want something kinda sweet for those special Monday mornings - baked apples. Cut into thin slices, add a little cinnamon/sugar (pumpkin pie spice works great too) and microwave 2 minutes.

• votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of quick and simple things. :)

I usually just grab the following, mix them all up and eat:
    1. BASE: greek yogurt / milk
    2. CARBS: all-bran cereal / rolled oats / oat bran
    3. FAT: nuts / chocolate bits
    4. TREATS: blueberries / strawberries / any other fruit
    5. ETC (optional): chia seeds / protein powder

Pick one from each category, mix and win. <3
  • katrinapri
    katrinapri Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    You can make a casserole on Sunday and it will last you all week.
  • clarion_r
    clarion_r Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    ksmi141 wrote: »
    I like to make breakfast couscous. It's just coucous, coconut milk [or any milk], chopped dried fruits and nuts, cinnamon, and a little brown sugar. Takes like 5 minutes to chop up and toss everything together, 10 min of "sitting". It would be super easy to make this real quick in the morning. Personally, I'll take that extra 15 minutes to sleep, thank you. So, the couscous can also be done real quick the night before. I also throw in a half tsp of butter in the morn, but that's just me.

This sounds amazing! I'm trying it thank you!
  • jlewisrn74
    jlewisrn74 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats! Tons of recipes. Just make the night before and grab and go in the AM
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    jlewisrn74 wrote: »
    Overnight oats! Tons of recipes. Just make the night before and grab and go in the AM
    Love them!!! I'm going to an all day conference tomorrow, & while breakfast & lunch are provided, I'm not sure what they'll have. Maybe I'll prepare a container of the overnight oats to bring with me, this way if breakfast is just bagels & sweet rolls, I'll have something a bit healthier to eat, & can enjoy myself at lunch -- there are usually more options for lunch at these things.
  • kika_mckee
    kika_mckee Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Ok, it sounds crazy but I am obsessed with my nutirbullet and green smoothies! I put them together the night before and a quick buzz in the morning and they are done.

My current favorite, spinach, strawberries, 1/2 banana, 1 tbs chia seeds, 1tbs ground flax seed and I use green tea as the liquid (I make a big batch and use it all week).

Keeps me going till lunch!