can't hack diet drinks need alternative

Options
OK so I'm very sensitive to any type of diet soda or flavored drink s with sulcros or artificial sweeteners I get a terrible headache right after having one. Looking for a drink I can have at dinner that doesn't have alit of calories or surger any sugesstions I love water but just want something flavored with dinner thanks

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Water with a squirt of lemon or lime? A cup of decaf with a bit of cream?
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    iced tea, unsweetened.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    sparkling water- i like lacoix coconut
  • ForeverCharlie
    ForeverCharlie Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    How about you drink water? It is truly the best drink you can have,
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a gallon of tea with 2 cups of sugar in it... I slowly made it with less and less and drink it unsweetened. Now sweet tea tastes like syrup. I still like a real fountain coke every now and then, but never buy "real" cokes for the house and I think I have had a 12 pack of diet coke in the basement for months.

You can also flavor water with cucumber, rasperries, fresh mint... several things that make it less boring.
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Water or iced tea with a little sugar in it (doesn't take much to make it taste good).
  • Jesand4
    Jesand4 Posts: 1
    Options
    Milk is a great way to add dairy
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Low fat or skim milk goes good with dinner.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    i practically live on soda water (club soda) with a squirt of lemon or lime juice. Fizzy, refreshing and just enough flavour to mix it up a little. i bought a Soda Stream, I use it multiple times a day!
  • AngieGetsHealthyin2012
    Options
    I like to drink water with a bit of sweet tea added in for a hint of flavor.
  • cheekitty
    cheekitty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Soda Stream's diet syrups are actually really good and are, have no aspartame. I can't stand their colas, but the diet cream soda and lemon lime are really good.

For dining out, I like a soda water with lemon or lime.

I can also attest that infusing your water at home makes a huge huge difference.
  • DrPepper000
    DrPepper000 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This sounds really strange, but I like it. I mix one packet of stevia raw (natural sweetener) with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a half gallon of water. I fill an insulated cup with ice and pour in the water. Strangely delicious.
  • Rlavigne93
    Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Is it aspartame you're sensitive to, or all artificial sweeteners? Diet Rite brand sodas are sweetened with splenda, they're the only sodas I still drink. Otherwise everyone elses suggesestions: water, unsweet tea, maybe add lime or lemon.
  • gilramirez14
    gilramirez14 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Rlavigne93 wrote: »
    Is it aspartame you're sensitive to, or all artificial sweeteners? Diet Rite brand sodas are sweetened with splenda, they're the only sodas I still drink. Otherwise everyone elses suggesestions: water, unsweet tea, maybe add lime or lemon.

Thanks I forgotten about diet rite I'm not too sure if I would get a headache from them . I've tried drinks with sulcros or aspertain and felt awful after . thanks for suggestion

• aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i very rarely drink sodas or juices, almost always water, plain unsweetened iced tea, or herbal tea over ice. sometimes sparkling water with a little bit of lime or lemon when i'm looking for something fizzy. i've even used a splash of fruit juice (whatever kind i was in the mood for) with the sparkling water just to get a hint of flavor without all the sugar
  • Linvala
    Linvala Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    If you want a soda to try then look up zevia . Zero calories and sweetened with truvia or monk fruit depending on the flavor you choose. They're pretty good
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    One night some friends of mine and I were in a restaurant. One of them ordered iced tea and asked for "A LOT" of lemons...and teased that nobody ever gave him more than 2 wedges, and that wasn't "A LOT". It was apparently a slow evening, because she brought out a bowlful of wedges. After some laughter and jokes, someone said we should do something with them since the restaurant wouldn't be able to serve them to anyone after we left. So I took them and squeezed them into a glass of ice water, and put one of them actually in the glass. Didn't use any sugar or sweetener, and it was actually really good!! Just tasted like lemon water...not a hint of lemon, but decent lemon water. We were all really surprised.