Garmin Vivosmart steps challenge

Options
Hi MFP I just got a Vivosmart and would love some friends to compete against. Also can someone explain the calories on the band. I am just doing light walking though the house 623 steps and it says 1136 calories on the band. I know I I have not burned that many calories in that few of steps

Replies

• Jurine3
    Jurine3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a vivofit. I don't know if you can find me in TigerJM
  • FITM0M30
    FITM0M30 Posts: 75 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Jurine3 wrote: »
    I have a vivofit. I don't know if you can find me in TigerJM

Thanks I just added you. Also I just got my watch but I don't understand the calories. Do they count down from your daily total or something? My watch say 916 steps and 1300 calories. I know I didn't burn that many calories just sitting around the house
  • Jurine3
    Jurine3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The goal is your steps. The flame is what calories you burn. The shoes is what you did already.
  • zombiebrandy0112
    zombiebrandy0112 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I believe mine is zombiebrandy0112
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    KrisPage the calories when you first get it, it figures you basal metabolic rate. So it is figuring what it expects you have burned including just sitting still.
  • FITM0M30
    FITM0M30 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    KrisPage wrote: »
    KrisPage the calories when you first get it, it figures you basal metabolic rate. So it is figuring what it expects you have burned including just sitting still.

Thanks that's what I thought. I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to figure out how many calories I burned during a run but when I set the activity it showed me what I wanted to see :smile:

Thanks
  • hansmdude
    hansmdude Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You can add me both here and there if you'd like... but fair warning, New York weather is getting warmer, so I'll be out there, LOL
  • lauriegm84
    lauriegm84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    i am new to vivo fit. I'm a former fitbit girl.... but, please add me..
  • stephanielynne824
    stephanielynne824 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Brandnewsoul...everyone can add me! I need challenges