My Action Plan: I will stay on this wagon.

Options
snipeista
snipeista Posts: 9 Member
I'm not so new to MFP, but am starting all over again. I go strong for about 4 to 5 months, then fall off the wagon for 4 to 5 months. I am determined to make it a year round, life long, lifestyle change. I'm hoping weekly action plans will get me started strong. I need to pay attention to nutrition. Plus, I plan to eventually reach my "healthy weight" of 150lbs. I'm 227lbs today...so have a long road ahead. Not in it just to phase out. I need to stick with it and turn my life around for the better. :)

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Add me if you like.
  • CHPRobyn
    CHPRobyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. On again off again. I just go one week at a time.

I hope you make your year.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    The main thing, really, is just not to quit. You will have good and bad days/weeks/months, but if you just stick with it you'll succeed.
  • snipeista
    Options
    Thank you both. I've accepted the fact that I am incredibly stubborn and self defeating. I finally went to the gym when my 12 yo pushed me out the door saying "oh, just go!". Then it was a struggle to stay there. But, that opened the door to another gym session 2 days later. Feels good.
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I have stopped and started to many times to even count. I suggest taking some time and think about Why you want to get healthy. I call it Why power! Why power will carry you through the tough days where willpower will leave you when you need it most. I have lost 127 lbs with 123 to go. I was 450 when I started. Anyone can feel free to add me for support.
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    all the best! (*)
  • meechster20001
    meechster20001 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I'm the same except I seem to commit for about 2 weeks and then fall off the wagon and take an age to get back on. Let's go for it :)
  • skinnynat1
    skinnynat1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    add me
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    You hit on an importnat point which is breaking it down into mini parts. Figure out what happens at 4-5 months stage and then get ready to do something different this time. You could have a week or two at maintenance as a rest. The point is you need to identify these things that can throw you off course and be ready in advance in how you get past that obstacle. Get some friends so they cna keep an eye on you and nudge you.
  • PearlAng
    PearlAng Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Keep up the god work :)
  • snipeista
    Options
    This is a nice good morning and great motivational start. Thanks everyone. I also will get on that "why power", never thought of that before (*)
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    If you fall off the wagon, get back on it before it drives too far down the road and leaves you behind! I know that self-defeating saboteur too. Look him in the eye and tell him to piss off; he's a liar, not your friend!
  • akern1987
    akern1987 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I know exactly how you feel...I struggle to keep it going every week (had a bad week last week), but I'm doing the gym today and I'm planning a good week!
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    When you say you "go strong" what do you mean? I just wonder if maybe you are denying yourself a bit too much so that's why it's hard to sustain. Believe me, I get it. I'm about five months in and feeling a bit tired of "trying" and have thought about taking a maintenance break, but after crunching the numbers I just realized I have basically been eating at maintenance for a little while. No wonder the scale isn't moving! It's actually motivating me a bit because now I know it's not that the plan is not working, it's just that I'm not working the plan! Lol. Best of luck. If just don't quit, you can't really fail, can you?
  • jtolman619
    jtolman619 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You got this! Add me if you want :)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have been back on for about two months now and have had some success. I am trying to keep the mojo going and keep with this. Feel free to add me as well. Good luck and let's get this done.